Outdoor run - yay or nay? Advice?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheMadMarchHare

Reaction score
Who has an idea for an outside bunny enclosure in Tennessee?

We have a chain link dog run in excellent condition that someone previously had put up in our backyard. I was thinking about reinforcing it with chicken wire, screen, and closing the top of it for potential snakes and/or predators. But what about the bugs?

Haigha was an outside bun before us, and love love LOVES being outside. I had thought maybe he could have a bigger living space in nicer weather this way. But what about bugs? Obviously pesticides and garlic powder are out...but we have found things like centipedes, wolf spiders, brown recluse, garden spiders (as big as a $1 bill), cicadas, etc in and around our house...to name some of the worst.

The more I think about it, the more I worry about how he will be.
Thoughts and advice?

My bunny run is a trampoline frame turned over with chicken wire run around and zip tied to it. I absolutely love it. I do supervise and stay with him the entire time he's out however. It's not predator safe and on one part of it the wire is lower so that I can straddle over it. He might clear that if I weren't watching.

Barrys Run.jpg

RunBarryRun.jpg

Latest posts

Back