Outdoor pictures

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww it looks like he loved it! He’s so sweet 🥰

He loved being outdoors but I was a bit scared letting him run without harness and leash. He often run with harness and leash on the ground following him. But he followed around and listened when I called him. I just kept an eye open for dogs walking because my yard aren’t fenced.

He enjoyed running without harness and exploring the place while eating fresh grass again ☺️

A few picture of Odin, when he’s outdoor without harness today ☺

Attachments

• 2E41C18C-D7A0-4DF7-AE16-655FA5E97F2E.jpeg
    2E41C18C-D7A0-4DF7-AE16-655FA5E97F2E.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 998B49FA-D68A-4AE4-B06B-049B50360153.jpeg
    998B49FA-D68A-4AE4-B06B-049B50360153.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 6
  • EF95C670-67A6-46FE-BAB5-E09C081108BC.jpeg
    EF95C670-67A6-46FE-BAB5-E09C081108BC.jpeg
    270.5 KB · Views: 6
  • CEB6EB19-FCD2-4F35-B149-1BC129F791CA.jpeg
    CEB6EB19-FCD2-4F35-B149-1BC129F791CA.jpeg
    171.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2290C1D6-F4CE-4CF3-8100-CD86DB7A2D73.jpeg
    2290C1D6-F4CE-4CF3-8100-CD86DB7A2D73.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 5
  • B6E5949E-67A9-4D8E-8D80-19F970B9C363.jpeg
    B6E5949E-67A9-4D8E-8D80-19F970B9C363.jpeg
    323.1 KB · Views: 5
  • FE9F53CE-AF56-46FA-8965-523F954137B1.jpeg
    FE9F53CE-AF56-46FA-8965-523F954137B1.jpeg
    291.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 1AD633E4-2C64-4CCF-AA8C-ABC9660C2689.jpeg
    1AD633E4-2C64-4CCF-AA8C-ABC9660C2689.jpeg
    270.3 KB · Views: 6
A few picture of Odin, when he’s outdoor without harness today ☺
He is absolutely adorable! How long did it take you to train Odin to come to you when called? I'm working on that with Trixie and it works maybe 30% of the time lol.

Do you have a fence around your yard? :)

I don’t have a fence around the yard, but I only need to say his name and he will not cross the yard border ☺️

I keep an eye if any dogs is out walking and if they have leash on. Even though Odin is used with dogs I will pick him up if I see a dog, just to make sure he’s safe.

He is absolutely adorable! How long did it take you to train Odin to come to you when called? I'm working on that with Trixie and it works maybe 30% of the time lol.

Odin comes 90 % of the time if I have pellets but if I have dry apple on me that are in small pices it becomes 100%. I just make sure that I have something really yummy and he often listen all the time without ignoring me. He also keep close if I’m going to call him and follow me around when I walk.

So for Odin, it’s the treats I have on me should be better than the yummy greens in yard☺

Ok, Just wondering. :)
But I don't know how you can keep him in your yard with out a fence. :D That's cool!
BunBun would probably run off because I've only had him for a few months.

@BunBun71 it all depends on the bunnies personality. I would never let Toste run loose, he will always have harness but I rather just put up a x-pen for him to be in. But it makes his area a lot smaller than what Odin can run on and binky.

Lilja and Odin are the only bunnies I have let to run loose. That’s only because the personality and that they accept being picked up.

The bunny shouldn’t be easily scared, have no problem with me following them behind, listen when being called and no problem with being picked up. After that it’s the area you are in, the dangers that exist and if it will be safe. The only dangers for is unleashed dogs and cats. Cats would be a danger if it’s not an open area where I can’t see them coming.

If I’m in other area than my yard Odin will have a harness on ☺

Odin comes 90 % of the time if I have pellets but if I have dry apple on me that are in small pices it becomes 100%. I just make sure that I have something really yummy and he often listen all the time without ignoring me. He also keep close if I’m going to call him and follow me around when I walk.

So for Odin, it’s the treats I have on me should be better than the yummy greens in yard☺
I'll have to keep working on the treats then! I've been practicing in our bedroom for a few weeks. I carried Trixie out to the yard for a few minutes twice last week and she definitely was on high alert because it was unknown territory for her. It makes me nervous about whether or not she'll bolt (not like she can go anywhere) but we still have to double check holes in the yard due to the neighbor's dog picking up a digging habit now. 😒

I'll have to keep working on the treats then! I've been practicing in our bedroom for a few weeks. I carried Trixie out to the yard for a few minutes twice last week and she definitely was on high alert because it was unknown territory for her. It makes me nervous about whether or not she'll bolt (not like she can go anywhere) but we still have to double check holes in the yard due to the neighbor's dog picking up a digging habit now. 😒

The first time being outdoors can be scary, but many bunnies like being outdoors and explore.

Odin won’t bolt but I’m sure Toste would do it if something scared him which is quite easy to scare him.

Not all bunny will be fit to run loose but I hope Trixie will enjoy it, when she can ☺️

The first time being outdoors can be scary, but many bunnies like being outdoors and explore.

Odin won’t bolt but I’m sure Toste would do it if something scared him which is quite easy to scare him.

Not all bunny will be fit to run loose but I hope Trixie will enjoy it, when she can ☺
I put her down and she put all four paws outward (kind of like an animal on ice when they slip) and didn't understand what was happening. She should not budge at all. Even while I was talking to her, petting her, she would not move. Hopefully I can get her to eventually explore - I want to be able to take cute outdoor pictures like you and the rest of the members who have posted!

I put her down and she put all four paws outward (kind of like an animal on ice when they slip) and didn't understand what was happening. She should not budge at all. Even while I was talking to her, petting her, she would not move. Hopefully I can get her to eventually explore - I want to be able to take cute outdoor pictures like you and the rest of the members who have posted!

That’s how Odin reacted when he was a kit and how Toste reacted when he was indoors from the start. They truly look scared but still want to explore. It can help for her to know she can run back indoors if she get scared or have a safe place where she can hide. Myself often let the door stand open or have the travel cage with me.

It’s quite a lot of new smells and view that need to be registered and explored. So it can be a bit overwhelming the first times ☺️

But with time you will be able to take outdoor picture with Trixie.

Latest posts

Back