Outdoor garden boxes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
:bunnydance:GREETINGS from Jaden and Jezebel...tiss been a long time but I have a q after a few years...

We all just moved and I can now have them romp and play on an overlyspacious enclosed balcony-BUT-I have some planter boxes I brought withme from mylast house containing the following; lavender,mint, chives, hosta,basil, pansies and a slightlyunidentifiable yet resembling a green flat open cabbage type plant.Jezebel is in heaven ruling her new balcony.

My q is she is under the impression that these garden boxes should beher new grazing buffet. (everything in them is organic btw)

So..do I need to put them up away from her, my partner thinks buns willinstinctively NOT eat anthing poisonous for them but I beg todiffer..mind you the deer at the last house nibbled on almosteverything..so?

I would really love your suggestions

xo Cher, Jezebel and Jaden (in Canada)

Personally, I would err on the side ofcaution. I remember reading (today, actually!) that rabbitsdon't always know what isn't good for them and it is down to us toensure they are kept as safe as possible.

If its not too much trouble to get out of the way I would do it just to be safe. Easier to prevent things than treat them.

Nope, rabbits do not instinctively stay awayfrom poisonous plants. Maybe you could take out the unknownplants and replace them with something more edible? Then youcould give it to her as the occasional treat.

Latest posts

Back