Our Clan...now & always..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let see...lets see...an update on Sloane.

We tried buying carrot juice yesterday.
Frozen pedialyte pops.
Managed to score decent carrot top greens.
Some more cilantro.
A banana.

We tried applesauce. Tried applesauce in the water. Carrot juice, carrot juice in the water. Plain Water, the Pedialyte solution (grape) before it froze.
Nope. She didn't want to drink ANY of it. Love you too Sloane.
She didn't want any banana the other day but ate some yesterday.

Today we gave her that bowl you see in the pictures.
She didn't finish it.
3 slices of banana. She ate 2.
Ignored the carrot.
Ate some of the baby romaine leaves, the cilantro...almost all of the cilantro and ate some of the carrot tops.
Put out 3 pieces of frozen pumpkin because she seems to prefer the frozen over not frozen.
She hasn't eaten that either.

Lina feels very strongly her water bowl was much lower this morning.
We have not seen her drink today.

I gave her a break yesterday from the SubQ. Just couldn't put her or myself through that stress.
I syringed her some of that pedialyte pop. I though she was digging it till a bunch of it ended up on my shirt when she got down.
One of those pops is her total fluid intake for the day, or so says the vet. This second one. Hmmm.

HEY Maryland peoples. There is a spay neuter clinic does buns - 55 a pop. just mentioning that. It was passed onto me. I think that's a pretty stellar price. The lady on the phone doesn't know poop though.

There is another vet 11 minutes away from me.
They say they see buns, they are not on "THE LIST".
A visit is 42 well, 48 sick.

Here - http://www.northeastanimalhosp.com/

I just keep thinking about Atlantic right...he doesn't know what Ponz is used for or anything about that and is supposed to be a rabbit savy guy?
hmmmm. Better than Chadwell don't get me wrong but it is like we are on the eternal quest for a decent rabbit vet.

I also am becoming more of the line of thinking these meds make her feel like poop.
Maybe the Reglan....
I dropped that dose back down to the .25
I am considering not giving it to her at all.
If she perks back up and is eating again in a little while after this dumpy mode...I just might not.

I'm also doubting everything right now.
Like Sweet Meadows Hay. The first cut Timothy and the random bunches of moss we would find in there.
I will not give it to her now.
I am leaving it on the shelf undecided if I want to throw out the rest of the bag or what.
What should I do with that Alfalfa..I have been still giving her that one from them....there never was moss in it.

She isn't showing TOO much happy joy joy over the oat and orchard I grabbed off the shelf from oxbow locally. AT least she will nibble.
She broke out of her pen two nights ago and I awoke to her running under my bed.
She has done some running and flopping.

I think she is doing better but I am still concerned.
I don't feel "safe" by any means.

Pondering this other 3rd vet.

I sent out my res to a few ads. Wouldn't it be great to get a job and be able to afford all this?

My great thanks to all the support from RO and to Vanessa who without listening to my constant whining and worrying, well I don't know how well I would hold up.
We are only doing so well right now because of you.
Like really, you are Sloane's Bunny Godmum. Thank you! (hugs)

Oh yeah she is DEFINITELY a night terror. If she could be free to run and play and do as she please when NO ONE was looking...yeah she would be like, catwomans side kick in crime or something...I am telling you.

What great pics, she is just adorable. I love that little cutie face and her colouring is just lovely. Hope she is improving, looks like she is enjoying her greens and her banana and she looks to be eating hay, that must be good. Keep getting stronger little baby, we are all rooting for you to be well :)

Ah I'm sorry all.

Life got quite weird and wonky.
I do most everything from my phone to start.
The tmobile update sent it batty and I wasn't able to use it right.

I was caught up with either Lina being sick, I was sick & of course - Sloane.

I'm sorry I didn't update you all. Thank you again for your continued care and support.

Sloane came off her meds and has been better med and health wise.

Behavior wise - she's demonic.
Currently banned from the living room. Won't stop peeing on the couch, blankets or people.
Chewing on the wooden furniture etc.
She has the dining room though.

She was out this morning running and getting her Jane fonda in.
She seems to prefer her oxbow timothy. Go figure.
That's her hay of choice. I give up trying to get fancy.
I give her a couple of mint leaves here and there. She likes those.
She's on the mana pro pellets pretty much now.
Eats her romaine like a champ.
Not really doing pumpkin anymore. Unless it's like a treat at this point.
The vegetables at my local Acme are disgusting.
Every time we go we have to ask them for something in the back. Simply NOTHING not wilted in the front.
Sad.

She has a spay scheduled in a couple of weeks.
I'd like to see her in a vets office maybe next week for a check up.
A new one super local.
3rd ones the charm?

Phew! I'm so relieved everything is alright. Well, aside from everyone having been sick :) I was a little worried for you all. I'm so glad to hear everyone is ok. I'm glad Sloane is finally all better. I'm sure that's a relief to you. It was quite the battle, but you did it and she pulled through... although seeming to be a bit of a troublemaker now :p Sounds like you are to the hormonal teenager stage. Fun times :) The spay should help a bit.

Thank you for the wonderful update :)

Yay, bunny pictures! She's such a unique looking rabbit, a vienna marked black otter? It's such an unusual combination of markings, absolutely beautiful. Love the bunny flops :)

An update at long last. I had her spayed a few months ago. It's made her so stresseD to be handled now. We had some peeing problems but larger pans solved the problem.
She's become a very solitary girl. Won't really leave her cage even though it's not so much a cage just a shelf now. She had free roam till about a week ago.

I tried bringing a new bun around for her. It's gone badly. I might try a different one. I feel like she needs a friend.

She's healthy. She's eating. Loves bok choy.

Our clan has grown to include:

Peaches the hamster - teddy bear & still growing.
Edgar...the destroyer 3 months old(Flemish mix maybe?)
Bailey- 2 months old (lionhead mix?)

20150804_204055.jpg

20150809_133026.jpg

20150813_214817.jpg

Latest posts

Back