OT

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
I feel terrible...like ive been neglecting mybunny. you guys prolly havent noticed, but i really havent been myselflately. all the threads i seem to respond to here recently seem to havebeen OT's. its funny, all those commercials for zoloft and thoseanti-depressants always say 'does it seem like blah blah blah' or 'doyou constantly feel like blah blah blah', and more and more lately ivesaid...yes.

my friends...i would say are treating me terribly, but thats not true.my one friend Gala (her screen name, and the name she asks me to usewhen i describe her to my friends i dont know IRL) is in the marchingband at school, and she's made A LOT of new friends this year. this onegirl, paula, i feel like she's replacing me to gala. they're alwaystogether before school, and dispite t he 10 year friendship we've had,and the 10 week friendship they've had, she seems to tell paula morethings than she tells me. i guess im just jealous. but i feel likepaula sees herself as superior to me. like she's better in the eyes ofellen, thus making it okay to make comments like 'oh, gala i have totell you something....later...' as she looks at me with a look like'whys she here??? doesnt she know we have secret marching band stuff todiscuss?' and the thing that really gets me is that gala does nothing.then my other friend, lori (again, her screen name), is on the tennisteam, and is really busy with that. we have no classes together, andbetween our busy schedules, its really hard to find time to gettogether. plus i have 2 babysitting jobs practically every day, whichis why i have no social life. and thats my choice. I love babysitting,its the most fun thing ever. I joke with my friends that the only timei'll skip babysitting is when im on my deathbed. i was trying to hobblearound my neighbor's house babysitting for her boys on crutches when isprained my ankle for the second time last year. needless to say, shedidnt go for it.

plus my dad has a new girlfriend. it seems like he's more pushy for meto meet this one. he got mad at me cuz, when i came home frombabysitting a few weeks ago, i saw her on *my* couch, in *my* h ouse,with *my* dad, eating *my* food on *my* dishes. (and people say imselfish :p) its easier for my sisters cuz they're in a different state,and its easy for them just to ignore whatevers going on. my one sistergot mad when she found out that my dad and his girlfriend went on atrip to virginia (about a 6-9 hour drive) from last friday to sunday,and left me alone all weekend. i guess i just feel like no one reallyneeds me. my friends have their new friends, or their old friends whodont really jump at the seams to hang out with me. my dad has hisgirlfriend. my sisters have each other, and their friends. none of thepeople i talk to online actually *know* me, so i cant really say howmuch they'd notice if i were gone.
i really wish these feelings were normal, but it seems like im the only one i know whos having them.

wow, that turned out longer than i thought it would, sorry for that =\

Your feelings are normal. Teenage years can bereally tough. I promise you it won't always be this tough, although Iknow that isn't much of a comfort right now. Hang in there Dreamgal.You're a smart witty old soul. It will get better & we all loveyou.

OMG Dreamgal,I felt so bad for you when I readthis. Sarah is right, it is normal and I think most of us 'more mature'(sounds better than 'older'), members on here can relate to how you arefeeling. Believe me, it DOES get better, even though it may seem tolast for a long time. From your posts, you sound like a veryresponsible, caring person, and you have a great sense of humour andwit. You would be GREATLY missed from this forum, make no mistake, andagain, like Sarah said, we all love ya- Jan

Dreamgal,

I responded to one of your posts about a month ago when you were upsetabout your dad. I was wondering how things were going along.

Teenage years are crazy. I've been there, and I have a daughter goingthrough them now. It is hard, but you will get throughit. The one thing I would reccommend is that if you feel likeyou just can't get through it, you need to talk to someone.If it's here, or your dad or a counselor. It's so importantnot to hold every thing in. I promise you it only makesthings worse.

I'm sure we would all lend a listening ear if you need it!:D

Oh Dreamgal, I wish I was there to give you ahug! I know how you feel, as most of us "matures" will tell you. Beinga teenager is HARD. I know I wouldn't go back to my teenyearsat all.

I am with Babymommy, don't keep this all in. Get it out of you beforeit festers. Also, have you tried talking to your friend? Sadly, aspeople grow, relationships sometime change. This could be the case, butshe also may be totally unaware of what's happening and how it'seffecting you.

My best friend and I have known each other since we were about four.We've been through it all together as kids and teenagers, and have evengone years without talking due to our own lives and preoccupations, butit's always come back around. I am now 29 and she is still my bestfriend in the world. I think open communication has been key in thisrelationship, as she and I have never held back and have always been upfront with each other - during the good and bad.

So talk to your friend. At the very least it will give you peace ofmind. Keep in mind that we're all here for you too. :)

Yeah, I've been a leader in our youth group for acouple years (even though I'm barely out of teenhood myself :D), andI've learned two basic thing: sometimes, life just sucks. Harshbut true...:( The other thing is that it won't last. You'll move on andyou'll find great friends and have a wonderful life.

Sorry you have to go through all this. But this too shall pass. :) *hugs*

okay. so i was wandering around upstairs, anddecided to go downstairs to see gala and paula. so i saw them, and wentover to tell them i was sick. so then blah blah blah happened, andpaula said 'gala, i really wish i could talk to you alone, i never getto talk to you alone!' if i wasnt sick, i woulda just walked away. buti got really annoyed at that comment and said 'what do you mean?? youand her are alone every morning!!!' and she looks at me and says 'butthis morning she was late' so mockingly, i said back 'omg she waslate??? well then i guess you *have* to see her alone' so she gives methis really mad look, and says to gala 'im gonna go, <myname>'s pissing me off' and im like 'hey, i feel horrible, icant be held responsible for my actions in this state' then paula yells'if you're sick you shouldn't be in school!!!' so i walk away. thenlori comes and i hear 'lori, go with her! go!' from paula. i know, ishouldnt have yelled at her, but im really sick of her stealing myfriend!! and i feel terrible :( not the thing you want to happen whenyou're sick :(

Ugh I know the friend stealing thing. It sucks.Plus they were being insensitve about how you felt sick. True friendswouldn't act like that. One of my best friends was made to choose overand or over the popular people. He choose me. That's a true friend. Atrue friend dosen't act the way your friend is acting. :(

We would notice if you were gone.I likebabysitting too kids are such fun.sometimes people get caught up in newralation ships and dont realize they are leaving out their old friends.i wouldnt give up on a ten year friendship so fast.bluebird

Latest posts

Back