OT Thanksgiving

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunsforlife

Reaction score
Oi this is gunna be hard...

My new job has us work on holidays because of the nature of thejob. Luckily my day off is on Thursday, but my family is outof town for the holiday and I cant spend it with them.

This is my first holiday away from my family. Sure I am goingover for dinner with my soon to be inlaws, but it isnt thesame.

And as I know it is gunna be hard for me (I have to work Christmas andNew Years) the boys I work with have it much harder. Some cant go homefor no fault of their own. that is what I find depressing :(

but anyway... on a lighter note...

I am making dessert for the soon to be inlaws... Marbled PunkinCheesecake! (the buns are gunna LOVE the punkin part hehe)

Hi Bunsforlife,

I'm sorry you'll be away from your family. Thatfirst yearisthe hardest. I hope yourin-laws celebrate the holiday similar to the way you and yours would.

I'm really sorry you have to work on Christmas and New Years.That just isn't right. No one's out and about those daysanyway!

The pumpkin cheesecake sounds scrumptious!

-Carolyn

Oh, I so know how you feel!!!! This is my firsttime away from my family for Thanksgiving too, and as I'm American andliving in Canada...basically it's just going to be Dave and I onThursday. I even asked him to stay home from school that day so I'm notsitting home alone.

Also, we won't be going anywhere for Christmas either. We're going toask his parents if they can come after (they live in Toronto, but hehas a brother who can't travel due to being confined to a wheelchairand needing constant medical attention, so they need to makearrangements ahead of time). Anyway, I know how you're feeling....

We'll have to post a lot that day to cheer ourselves up!

Carolyn wrote:
Hi Bunsforlife,

I'm sorry you'll be away from your family. Thatfirst yearisthe hardest. I hope yourin-laws celebrate the holiday similar to the way you and yours would.

I'm really sorry you have to work on Christmas and New Years.That just isn't right. No one's out and about those daysanyway!

The pumpkin cheesecake sounds scrumptious!

-Carolyn
Well Carolyn, I work at a schoolfor 'wayward' boys. it is open 24 hours a day 365 days ayear. But since I am a new hire, I cant even request one ofthose days off. I lucked out that Thanksgiving is my regularday off, but unfortunatly that is the holiday my parents are out ofstate! My mum worked out Christmas since I work at 3 on thatday, we are going to eat Christmas dinner around 11:30-noon so at leastI get to see them then! It a tough job, but at least I getthe experience that the other jobs rejected me for not having, sohopefully next year I will have a better scheduled job. Asmuch as I know I am needed at the school, troubled adolescents are notwhat I studied in College, I want to work with adults and the elderly!
Ahh well, at least I get to bake all day tomorrow=D
And when I visit Tucker Town, I will make sure tobring you some yummies Caro =)

I can relate too! While I've spent Thanksgivingaway from family Aaron has always been here so this will be our firstholiday without him here. I was however smart and made arrangements togo home to NY for Christmas. I don't even want to try to spend that dayby myself.

Shannon

Bunsforlife,

Watch out! I might take you up on that offer...pumpkin and cheesecake are my absolute FAVORITES!

I'm glad you've been able to come up with a plan for Christmas so thatyou'll be able to spend some quality time with your family.

Ty-bee,

I did think of you and your family this holiday season aswell. How difficult it is on our troops and their families -especially during the holidays. God, I wish they'd all justcome home!

Will be thinking and praying for you and yours, and all the people whoare not looking forward to the holiday for one reason or another.

-Carolyn

If Iszy keeps up the attitude, we might be having rabbit roast for Thanksgiving dinner. :p:D

You know I'm kidding. I could never do that to my little brat. ;)

You and your fianceare MOST WELCOME, Anytime!

I mean that whole-heartedly.

But ya can't take any rabbits home! ;)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Ty-bee,

I did think of you and your family this holiday season aswell. How difficult it is on our troops and their families -especially during the holidays. God, I wish they'd all justcome home!
Aaron's battalion is planning a video conference for Christmas.I'm excited and nervous. With the wonderful invention of the webcam hehas been able to see us but it'll be the first time the kids and I willhave seen him since they left.I know our time will be shortbut even a few seconds will be enough to carrying me through the lastfew months. I'm with you though I just wish they'd bring them all home!

Hi Stephanie,

I'm going out to dinner for Thanksgiving. Since we're doingthat, I'm actually going to make a chicken and a Thanksgiving mealtomorrow. Going to stuff that bird! A turkey wouldbe much too big. I'll have a little bit of everything:stuffing, of course, sweet potatoes with walnuts and brown sugar,cranberry sauce, and haven't decided on a vegetable.

What's the point? Because I want to make sure I have the awesome sandwich on Thanksgiving Night.

Make sure you go home stocked with a bag of leftovers so that when the craving hits you that night, you'll have it.

I hope you're able to get A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving- followed by Jim Carrey's The Grinch that night on televisionat 8:00 p.m.

:)

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back