OT Tasha

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
Well, today I went out and got anotherrattie. So now I have 3. I recently lost one topyometra and I've been contemplating getting another girl.Sofie (the one who passed) was the best rat ever and I missher soo much. But it's been a few months and I think that isenought time for me to be able to get a new girl. I can'ttell her age exactly but I would guess about 9 months because she isnot fully grown. She is very cute. If I remember mycoloring right, she is an odd-eyed (one red eye and one blackeye)fawn berkshire with aflare, which is bascicly afawn (tan)with a white stomach, she also has a white flarethat goes upone side of herface. Youcan't really see it in the pictures but it is verycute.

I think she may be pregnant because she has a little bit of abelly on her. So we may have some babies in the near future:D. If she does have babies and they survive I will mostlikely keep 2 or 3 females and give away or sell the rest.

OK, enough of that, here she is. The cage she's in is verysmall but it's only a temporary quarentine cage. She'll beput in with Cookie and Mo in about 2 weeks. :)

Tasha4.jpg

Tasha3.jpg

Tasha2.jpg

Tasha.jpg

tahsa5.jpg

Tash4.jpg

Awwww.

SO CUTE!

What are you going to do though if she has babies. I know you! LOL. Youwont be able to get rid of them. I also have a feeling that you knewwhen you got her that she was pregnant. LOL. Am I right. LOL. You KNOWTOO MUCH for somebody to let you pick out a animal. he he he. Tell methe truth, Im onto you! You saw that belly before you got her. HE HEHE. NOT TO FEAR I WILL HELP YOU. You just bring that little cutie onover here, you know where I live and I will take care of her. HE HE HE.

I actualy wanted a rat for a long time. My mom would not go for it. Ifinally broke her in.... well sort of..... We reached a compromise. Shesaid I could have a chinchilla, IF I never asked her for anotheranimal. Luckly for me I already had my rabbitry started he he he, Ididnt have to ask her for any more, they just happend. JK I didnt tellher chinchillas live for fifteen years though. Ive had hamstersbefore.One had TONS babies a week after Igot her. Only one of them lived. Boy they are nothing like rabbits. Ikept the one that lived and it got to be 9 years old, it was a tancolor like your rat in fact.

What does Murphy do with all of these rats?

Yes, you caught me, I was looking for a pregnantfemale to take home. Just dont tell my mom that. Idon't want to breed one of my girls intentionaly because they are froma petstore, and breeding them would just make matters worse for the ratpopulation. I wanted to get another girl and if she happensto be pregnant when I get her, there's nothin I can do lol.So, why not give a girl a home and take care of her babies if she hasthem. The only problem with my plan, is that she is not usedto me and still very shy. If she is pregnant she should havethe babies in about a month because she is not very faralong. BY then she will be more used to me but I doubt shewill be completely tame yet.Since she does not knowand trust me then I will not be able to safely touch the babies rightaway. I can still tame the babies but I probably wont be ableto start untill they are at least one week old. I'm not sure,we'll have to see how it goes. She may not mind, and I may beable to hold them right away.

In case you dont know, if rats are held very young they will get usedto human contact and natrually be tame and love humans. Eventhough the mother is skiddish, the babies will be tame and lovey dovey:)

I know that wanting a pregnant female is not the best idea but I'd liketo get a few more rats. But I want them to be tame like myprevious rats Sofie and Mary. Those two I got from myneighbor, and they were held from the moment theywere born. Iwas even there when my girls (my first rats) were born. Mytwo girls now, Cookie and Mo, are tame and will tolerate holding andpetting but are not like my other girls. Sofie and Mary wouldcuddle and not run away when it's time to go back in thecage. Don't get me wrong, I love my girls, but I'd love tohave a some rats that are very tame again.

If she isnt pregnant, it's not a big deal. I'm obviosly stillgoing to keep her and love her and fatten her up (she'sskinny). :D

If she does have babies, I'd be glad to give you a few Tamra, or anyoneelse on this board. I hate just giving them away and neverknowing how they'll be treated. I'm sure everyone here wouldtake good care of them. (But you have to take two or more.Unless you have rats at home already)

Murphy ignores the rats. At first he was curious about them,but his cage is right next to their so I think he has lostinterest. Him and Cookie get along very well. Oncehe lays down, she will crawl all over him and he just sits there lovinit :) . Mo hates him, along with all other non-rat animalsthat walk past her cage. She tries to bite then through thebars lol. Shelikesme though :p

Boy, that was long. Sorry

-Madelon

Latest posts

Back