OT-Prayers for Katannah

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyndsy

Reaction score
bg2xlk.jpg

bg2yac.jpg

My dearest Katannah has suddenly passed tonight. He turned three years old on Sunday, and it was too soon for us all.

Our vet tried all that she could, and for that i'm VERY greatful. Hesuffered a stroke, and went very quickly down hill from there.

He was our first baby, and a real fighter. He endured a painstakinglylong journy to good health at a very young age. When he was finally ridof his coccidia, the dammage had been done. The rest of his life he wason and off meds, due to the havock the parasite caused to his liver andkindneys...(for that we thank the petstore:growl:)

Good bye my dearest love, you will never be forgotten, or replaced, but ALWAYS missed...

I believ you were my solemate, and we will meet again...

all my love

:hearts:mum:hearts:

He's a beauty!!!!!!....I'm so sorry to hearit... :( :( I have a veiled Cham thats about 9 months old...VERY neatanimals!!!

Daisy, Ted, ...and Katannah, makes three.

How I hate that saying, "Things come in threes." I was holdingmy breath since Ted...hoping that no more severing would happen today.

Good God, Lyndsy. I'm so, so sorry. You give your all to every soulthat you love. We all feel your love, Lyndsy. You have a gift that yougive that no other can the way you do - animals and people alike.

You make our lives better. We know we're loved, appreciated, andforever treasured by you. Our only challenge is how do we possibly getacross to you how deeply you've effected and touched our souls?

Perhaps you won't know until it's your turn to cross over The Bridge,but trust me - on blind faith - your love is everlasting, as is ourgratitude and love for you.

:kiss:

With deepest sympathy - and knowing that Katannah is now in good hands with Buck until you meet again.

Love,
-Carolyn

Lindsay I so sorry you lost your buddy. This is just awful. He was such a stunner - so beautifully marked.

Like everybody else has said it sounds like he hada wonderful life with you after his terrible start.

Again I'm so sorry you lost him.

Vickie

Lyndsy I had tears in my eyes reading your post, your animals are so loved and so very lucky to have a mum like you.

Thank you everyone.

I had a hard time sleeping last night, as the house wasn't the same...

and this morning getting up and seeing his dark cage brought me totears. I've benn lighting a candle for him, hoping he finds his way,and to show him how much we cared for him.

I really do appreciate all your love and support, this has been REALLY hard for me.

It all started around dinner time last night, his eyes started to sinkin, and he started gasping for air. Peter called the vet while I triedto keep him calm, but as his eyes rolled back, and his mouth turnedblue, I knew I had to go... I drove like a maniac, honking, passingpeople all the way there. By the time I had got him to Wendy, he had,had a stroke. His whole right side of his face was drooping.

They made him VERY comfortable, with a heating pad, a heat lamp,oxygen, and all the meds they could give him, but he was too far goneat that point. They let me go in to see him, and explained to me thathis heart had been skipping beats, but he just wouldn't stop fighting.The vet explained to me that maybe I needed to tell him it was ok togo. God, that was the hardest thing to do...

So there we were, sittting in this private room, Wendy holding onehand, and me the other, and I told him it was ok that I would miss him,but we would meet again. He squeezed my finger ever so gently, and thenhis heart stopped...

We are going to have him creamated(sp?) as he was so very special to usboth. My vet Wendywas awesome as always, very caring, and suportive.She even cried when it was time to say good bye, as she was VERY closewith Katannah. Having saved hi life a few times, it was hard for her...

Again, thank you all for your love and support it means the world to me at this time.

Lyndsy

I'm so very sorry. When I saw hisphoto in the Rainbow Bridge, my first thought was how beautiful wasthat boy. You gave him a wonderful life and did absolutelyall you could.

Lots of Love,

Jen

What a sad and beautiful story at the same timeof his passing, Lyndsy. The little guy didn't want to leave you, buthis body was no longer able to continue on. Bless his heart for saying,"Thank you, and I love you, Mom." in the way he squeezed your finger.It's a tribute to the love and home you gave him.

His coloring is so beautiful. I've seen a few of them in my lifetimeand I could just stare at them for hours. After Gypsy told me how sweetthey could be, I had a twinge of wanting one myself, but that won'thappen anytime soon.

God, it happened so fast for the little guy. It's a blessing for him,but what a shock for you. I love the pictures you had taken of him.Thank God you have them. You'll always be in his heart.

I'm still thinking and praying for you. It hurts knowing that you're insuch pain. Kiss the monkeys, Dakota, and Emma for me. Sure makes yourealize that life's too short to sweat the small stuff, doesn't it?

:purplepansy:

-Carolyn

We are so sorryfor your loss. The love we receive from our non-human friends is sounconditional that sometimes the pain of their loss seems like a burdentoo heavy to bear.

So many people on the forum are losinglovedones...

SLG and I will have you in our thoughts and prayers.

Raspberry

Oh Lyndsy, I am so sorry. He was an amazingcreature - very striking and beautiful. Just remember that you gave hima healthy, wonderful life full of love. He knew that and I think thatsqueeze he gave you was a thank you.

Thinking of you, Jan

WOW....that had to have been SO hard to tell himthat....at one point when Corky was so bad and stopped breathing I toldhim that very same thing....if he couldn't fight anymore, it was ok togo...that I love him and didn't want him to, but if he had to, Iunderstood...I can't remember crying so hard...

When my grandma was dying of cancer...the hospice people told us weneeded to tell her it was ok to go....I remembered that and did so forCorky as well...thankfully mine turned out ok.....but I guess animalsneed to hear that just as much as people do....

Your in my thoughts...hang in there!

Aw, I'm so sorry. He was SO beautiful. I have such a soft spot for reptiles, they are beautiful creatures.
Take care hon.

Latest posts

Back