OT - Pancake day!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaisyNBuster

Reaction score
Home of the white rabbits, , United Kingdom
Just want to know if you all will be havingpancakes tonight for Pancake Day. Do people in America and Canada evencelebrate it? Pancake day is my favourite day as I love them so muchand they are so much fun to make! I am going shopping now to see whatgoodies I can put in them. I have my lemon and sugar ready though!

I remember when I was younger and my Mum tossed one right up to the cealing, it burnt on and got stuck LOL!

Just want to say to you all.Have a "flippin" good pancake day!!

093500a.gif

Vickie

Ooh I forgot!! Oh maybe I won't makesteak afterall! Dan can have pancakes and be happy withit! :D

Happy Shrove Tuesday!!

Ang xx

Never heard of it, but I may have to just go outand get some pancake mix. Thanks for bringing it to ourattention, Vickie! Sounds like a lot of fun!

-Carolyn

How old is Caitlyn?
We used to have a crepes day in Russia, but its at beginning of spring I think.

I assume this has something to do withLent? Today is FAT TUESDAY here.... we eat well becausetomorrow we fast (or some do, depending upon religious orientation)

Since it's a meat day, I got ahead and feed my family meat today andthen tomorrow we will have something without meat and every fridayuntil Easter the same (although it's not a fasting day on the Fridayscept Good Friday)....

Children do not have to fast, and I have low blood sugar and can't fastsince I ended up in the hospital 2 years ago on Good Friday.:(

We do eat smaller than normal and no meat on those days.... so we usually have pancakes for dinner at some point......

Sounds like a tradition I can deal with! I evenhave blueberries in the freezer. I LOVE blueberry pancakes. And I'm amaple syrup snob, has to be the real stuff for this chick. :p

THANK you!!!!!!

I took out chicken and i was going to make boneless skinless chickenwith rice for supper but I am nauseated just thinking about eatingit,,,,and now I will have pancakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the boys and Craig can eat chicken and rice and drool while mom is eating pancakes,,,lol

by the way whats the sugar for? Im plain jane and I use pancake mix with maple syrup,,thats it,,lol

Well we've just finished ours... Scotch pancakeshave sugar in them so that's how I make them. Flour, egg,milk and sugar, lump it together til it looks like batter.

We had strawberries, maple syrup, lemon juice, sugar and butter to puton ours. I like just plain butter the best! Mmmmm! They wereso good! Wish I could eat more now! LOL

Ang xx

Yes we do here in Canada, probably not as much aswhen I remember as a kid! my mother was really big on it, I should callher tonight and ask if moms having pancakes tonight. THANKSFOR THE REMINDER:Dand my background is Irish, grandparentsoff the boat did pancake day also, o.k. guess I am in the same boat:D

HAPPYPANCAKEDAY

Hmmmm....since I now live in Canada and married into a Canadian family, better hold up with these traditions.

My hon was going to go out for wings with the guys, but I'll bet oncehe hears it's pancake night, he's going to stay home.

Latest posts

Back