OT: I JUST SAW MY FIRST ROBIN THIS YEAR!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, that's wonderful! Yay!! This is very encouraging :D

Our red-winged blackbirds are back, and Shemp the chipmunk even made an appearance. No robins yet, but I'm holding out hope :)

I get excited when I see RedwingBlackbirds. They've been back here for a few weeksnow. They are my favorite. They are the mostbeautiful bird to me.

Laura

Thanks for the encouraging word, Mambo!

-Carolyn

Yes! I've been seeing them all week here...:DCardinals, and Blue Jays too!

and you'll never believe this.... I've got Iris's and Peaonise, and Lilies starting to grow....:shock:

YAY! Spring is here! Soon, i'll be able to garden AGAIN!!!! YAY!!!!

:D

bi1526 wrote:
Iget excited when I see Redwing Blackbirds. They've been backhere for a few weeks now. They are my favorite.They are the most beautiful bird to me.

Laura
Oh, I love our Redwings! We have a pond next door thatisquite thebustling little ecosystem, and everyyear the blackbirds nest in the cattails. We were even fortunate enoughto see some of the nestlings this past summer.

And the male redwings are sooo funny: they perch on the highestcattails, or on the trees surrounding the pond, and loudly announcetheir dominion. They've even divebombed several curious cats, and ourneighbor as she tried to trim the grass around the pond :shock:. Oncein awhile, they'll get into "conversations" with us:

Blackbird: loud trill

Me: What?

Blackbird: louder trill

Me: Oh really?

Blackbird: chirp-chirrup

Me: You don't say...

Blackbird: twee-twee-triiiiiiiiiilllllllll

~Emily, the crazy bird-lady :p

I love this threadMambo! :) For years I used to keep track of what date I sawthe first Robin each spring! This year it was weeks ago. We've alreadyhad daffodils up and Forsythia going for a couple weeks, the BradfordPears,Crabapples and Magnolias are blooming and the Redbudsare nearly there. My Hostas are up 3-4 inches already too. Usually allof this means it's time for us here in Kansas to have a freak KansasBlizzard or a Tornado! :X

RaspberrySwirl

Pictures you say?!You've found the way to my heart!!!Two of my passions arephotograpy and gardening! They make a wonderful combination! I love toshare, so I hope you don't regretasking!

RaspberrySwirl

10-23-04028.jpg

10-23-04032a.jpg

10-23-04037.jpg

10-23-04045.jpg

10-23-04047.jpg

closeupLily5-31-04.jpg

Daisy25-31-04.jpg

floral.jpg

gardens0011.jpg

gardens021.jpg

Jordynshouse.jpg

gardens0241.jpg

Lily25-31-04.jpg

I hope I didn't kill you all with anoverload, but maybe it will help someone get over the winter timeblues! :)

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
Pictures you say?! You'vefound the way to my heart!!!Two of my passions are photograpyand gardening! They make a wonderful combination! I love to share, so Ihope you don't regretasking!

RaspberrySwirl

I hope I didn't kill you all with anoverload, but maybe it will help someone get over the winter timeblues! :)

... ..to bad it's gonna snow by you this weekend isn't it......

Well, at leastthese shots are from last season, so I won't have to stare out thewindow in mourning if we get a freak blizzard or a nasty hail storm!:?

RaspberrySwirl

m.e. wrote:
bi1526 wrote:
I getexcited when I see Redwing Blackbirds. They've been back herefor a few weeks now. They are my favorite. They arethe most beautiful bird to me.

Laura
Oh, I love our Redwings! We have a pond next door thatisquite thebustling little ecosystem, and everyyear the blackbirds nest in the cattails. We were even fortunate enoughto see some of the nestlings this past summer.

And the male redwings are sooo funny: they perch on the highestcattails, or on the trees surrounding the pond, and loudly announcetheir dominion. They've even divebombed several curious cats, and ourneighbor as she tried to trim the grass around the pond :shock:. Oncein awhile, they'll get into "conversations" with us:

Blackbird: loud trill

Me: What?

Blackbird: louder trill

Me: Oh really?

Blackbird: chirp-chirrup

Me: You don't say...

Blackbird: twee-twee-triiiiiiiiiilllllllll

~Emily, the crazy bird-lady :p
Emily, myhusbandcalls me the "Bird Nerd" because I lose my mind andshriek out loud every time I spot a Redwind Blackbird.They're not real common here, so it's exciting for me when I seeone. I've nearly made hubby wreck us on more than oneoccasion!

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
I might need some growing tips for one of those!

Raspberry
Ya gotta use "Super Pooper Fertilzer"........made by Fair Lawn Rabbitry......

......it's manufactured from bunnie poopies and Woody Pet.

Latest posts

Back