OT--Family Dinner Recipes

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my personal favs...Mom's Recipe

Meat and potato casserole

groundbeef

5 med. potatoes peeled and sliced

1can cream of mushroom soup

1 cup milk

velveta cheese sliced.

Brown the ground beef. Layer meat, potatoes, and cheese in a casseroledish. Mix milk and cream of mushroom soup then pour over the top of thecasserole. Top with another layer of cheese. Bake at 350 for 1 /12hours.

Lanna

Bo B Bunny wrote:
How do you make your shepherds pie? There are lots of ways to do it.

My family prefer their vegies on the side, so I get some mince brown itup in the pan and add mixed herbs whilst that is browning, a fewsplashes of woisterchire (sp) sauce, mix up some gravy and add to themince and let it sit.

Boil my potatoes and mash with a little milk and butter.

Oven preheated to about 220 C.

Lighty grease a baking tray (pyrex dish) place in puff pastry ( I just buy the frozen stuff)

Prick holes in bottom and sides of pastry, pop mince in and mash tattie over the top

scratch lines in top of potato with a fork and bake in oven for about30 mins. When cooked the mince and gravy is nice and thick and yummie.

Vegies we have with it go on the side so if they don't feel like them they can shove 'em aside LOL

When we made pasrcels I did the mince the same and potato but wrappedthem up in strips of pastry and rolled them up (they sort of lookedlike a sausage roll but with the ends pinched together.

bunsforlife wrote:
Dorito Chicken Bake

(This is a favorite over here!)

1 bag of Doritos, preferrably cheese flavored (but the salsa ones are nummy too)

Either 2 cans of canned chicken or about 3/4 pounds of boneless chicken chunks (cooked)

1 box of velveta cheese (The big box, but the Light Velveta tastes just the same =) )

2 jalepenos (optional)

Preheat oven to 350

Place the Doritos in a glass baking dish to cover the bottom.

Place the chicken chunks over the doritos trying to evenly space chicken.

Cut the velveta into chunks then place the chunks into a sauce pan tomelt. When the cheese is melted add the jalepenos if you choose to usethem. Pour the cheese evenly over the doritos and chicken.

Bake for about 15 minutes until the sides of the cheese are brown and bubbly.

Let me tell you... the second day it is even better!

yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!! This sounds heavenly!! Maybe i shouldnt bereading this thread, because waaaaaaay too many of the recipes soundsso delicious that I want to make them and try them all!

lanna21974 wrote:
One of my personal favs...Mom's Recipe

Meat and potato casserole

ground beef

5 med. potatoes peeled and sliced

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 cup milk

velveta cheese sliced.

Brown the ground beef. Layer meat, potatoes, and cheese in a casseroledish. Mix milk and cream of mushroom soup then pour over the top of thecasserole. Top with another layer of cheese. Bake at 350 for 1 /12hours.

Lanna

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!! This sounds scrumptious! just like good '0l comfortfood for a cold day! (** makes a mental note to jot down theingredients so i can buy them next time i go to the grocery **)

I know what you mean Sandhills - these recipessound great an I am getting very hungry thinking about them. It'sthefirst day of lent tomorrow so I will be living of rabbitfood (not literatly :)) for 40 days. Oh how will I last :D

Vickie

Hm...lemme think:

Tuna Helper: Just add can of tuna with two cups water and twotablespoons butter. Bring to a boil and simmer for 12minutes. :D

You guys are great! I can't wait to use some ofthese recipes (even the Tuna Helper one...you just WATCH me! hehe)!Don't stop! Don't stop! The more you share, the better I will cook :).I may even snag some pictures (with permission), snag some of Pam's bunclip art, and put some lil recipe booklets together ;). Simple butgood, family-friendly recipes. :)

This should be a sticky so we can refer back to it LOL! I love new recipes for my family and I am going to try some too :)

I'll add another one later tonight. My kids have Rx at thepharmacy (chemist for you aussies and brits) and I gotta run out andget them.

TWO children home with Strep..... :?

Hmmm I think I am gunna make this next week...

Lazy Man's (or woman's) Chicken Pot Pie

1lb boneless chicken breasts(or tenderloin thingies, I always have a bag of them in the freezer)

Frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas, carrots are what I use)

2-3 cans of chicken gravy

1 large baking potato

1 package of ready to make biscuits

Preheat the oven to 350

Brown some chicken chunks in oil until they are cooked, around 1 pound of chicken works.

In a casserole dish put the chicken, veggies and dice up the potato toadd. Pour in the gravy. Depending on your taste youcan add more or less gravy.

Sprinkle some pepper and a little salt and mix up the gravy, chicken and veggies.

Place the biscuits on top of the dish and place in the oven for about20 minutes until t he biscuits are brown and crusty. Andvoila! Chicken pot pie without the hassle and mess of piecrusts =)

Latest posts

Back