OT Cute Pic

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
Well, Cheesecake woke up from his hibernation theother day and I went a little photo crazy. I know he isnothing like a bunny but I thought you all may still like to see afewof the pics.

He's such a cutie. In a non-furry way :D.

Oh, he's an Eastern Box turtle. He's 1 1/2 years old.

1a8.jpg

Superturle!!!! Away!

I love this picture. It's my favorite one of him.

1a9.jpg

Very cute! We had a big snapping turtlein our yard one day. We have a pond and creek behind ourhouse. He was mean! :shock:

*wonders why a turtle would be named cheesecake?*

Cheesecake (yes, his name is Cheesecake :p) wokeup early because I do fridge hibernation which doesnt last aslong. Hibernating in the fridge takes about 6-8 weeks, whilehibernating outsidetakesabout4-5months. I like the fridge methodbecause I can better control the temperature so it's a lot safer.

wow, I thought turtles sleep in the winter evenif it was not cold. My mom had turtles when she was little, she saidthey slept through winter in shoe boxes.

Your turtles hibernate??? Are they supposed to?? lol

I have 4 turtles and they're awake year-round.

Turtle003.jpg

Turtle002.jpg

Turtle001.jpg

View009.jpg

Mine move around lots in the winter....they eat like pigs and they're constantly wanting to be picked up lol.

My turtles are huge though, so maybe that makes a difference?

They're about 8 inches in diameter each.

okay little late in this post. I dontknow how I missed it. Believe it or not I was doing a search for turtlepictures and this came up> LOL!

I just wanted to see what everyone was doing with their turtles toavoid metabolic bone disease since I know that is a major problem. Doyou use the uva, and uvb lights with the calicuim and d3 vitamin diets.I thought I would ask since I just saw a tortoise that was two yearsold and already had severe symptoms. I felt soo sorry for it. They hada good varied diet with some calcium and vitamin supplements but didnthave the uva uvb lights that starts the change reaction to allow themto use those vitamins. I think that some of the greens that they usedalso blocked the intake of calcuim so that didnt help either.

Babyoshia, what kind of box turtle is yours. How big will it get?

Mine don't have lights.....they just sit in atank...and try to swim...and they smell bad...bleh no matter how hard Iclean their tank they stink!! I don't like them very much anymore :(They smell like sewer ninja turtles...

I feed them turtle pellets and fish whenever they die. I don' think my turtles are happy, but no one else will take them.

My Turtle doesn't have any lights. Ididn't even know he was supposed too. We've had him foralmost 15 years and he has been fine. He eats turtle pelletsand strawberries.

My turtles used to have a heatlamp but they don'tanymore...all 3 of 'em are cramped into a 30 gallon tank cuz there's nowhere else to put 'em and I keep trying to get rid of them cuz it'scruel to keep 'em the way they are cuz they can barely move, they haveto crawl on eachother but nooo no one wants turtles cuz they're "ugly":(:X

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
My turtles used to have a heatlamp but they don'tanymore...all 3 of 'em are cramped into a 30 gallon tank cuz there's nowhere else to put 'em and I keep trying to get rid of them cuz it'scruel to keep 'em the way they are cuz they can barely move, they haveto crawl on eachother but nooo no one wants turtles cuz they're "ugly":(:X
My turtle had a heated stone, but he didn't really use it thatmuch. I went through a time when I didn't really like ourturtle because he was so messy and smelled, but I've slowly gotten overit. He has pretty much become my Stepdad's turtle and he isgood at taking care of him.

I've had these turtles for about a year now...Inever wanted them in the first place, they were John's idea...if theywere smaller turtles and didn't stink like crap I probably wouldn'tmind so much. We have a baby turtle and I love him, but these turtlesare huge, like the size of a dinner plate pretty much. And they smellso bad, like its all you can smell when you walk in the door, it smellslike the toilet blew up. And no matter how many times we clean it,after a day or two it just smells horrid again. I'm about ready to letthem go free in a pond or something...they're stressing me out. :(:X

MyBunnyLovesMe wrote:
I've had these turtles for about a year now...I never wantedthem in the first place, they were John's idea...if they were smallerturtles and didn't stink like crap I probably wouldn't mind so much. Wehave a baby turtle and I love him, but these turtles are huge, like thesize of a dinner plate pretty much. And they smell so bad, like its allyou can smell when you walk in the door, it smells like the toilet blewup. And no matter how many times we clean it, after a day or two itjust smells horrid again. I'm about ready to let them go free in a pondor something...they're stressing me out. :(:X
I'm sorry :(Those do sound like huge turtles! Mineis only about the size of my hand. Turtles do smell...ourturtle is in my Stepdad's office upstairs so you can't really smellhimunless you go in there. I do know how you feelthough because they can really stink :(

Wow i have never heard of people having turtles as pets , are they easy to look after???

He is sortta cute too, I like him!!

ariel wrote:
Wow ihave never heard of people having turtles as pets , are they easy tolook after???

He is sortta cute too, I like him!!
They aren't that hard to take care (at least mine isn't), but the bigthing is keeping their tank clean which can be prettydifficult. ;)

She's right. They're not hard to take care ofthemselves, it's keeping the tank clean. Like I said, I have 3 in onetank and they're huge turtles, remember, turtles can get pretty big sodon't buy one just because you think it's cute and small,they don't stay that way.

If I don't empty their tank and scrub the crap off of it everyday mywhole condo reeks like a sewage plant. Even right now they're water isalready green and there's slime on the bottom from their poop.

If you don't mind the smell and such, by all means get a turtle. Do you want mine??

I'm at the point where I can't handle them anymore. The stink is justhorrendous somedays, and my roommate is ready to throw them off thebalcony. Of course he'd never do that he just cleans the tank. Butagggh, you have no idea how frustrated I am with them.

:Xok...I'm done ranting now.

Latest posts

Back