OT: babysitting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
so there are three main characters in this story.Theres Leila, a cute little girl who will be 2 in...umm...2 weeks? idont really know, but she's gonna be 2 sometime in December. TheresMichael, who's one of Leila's best friends. He will be 2 somtime inJanuary. And theres me. Courtney. (wow..first time ive posted my name)the babysitter. so i was watching Michael, and Leila came over to play.Leila wanted to go outside, but i wanted to keep them up on the 3rdfloor because of all the christmas decorations on the bottom floor. soLeila started crying. she sat on the couch and cried. then she said'elmo'. and i figured she was talking aboutMichaels elmotoys. he has 2 elmos, one of those sack race elmos, and a hokey pokeyelmo. then he has a sack race cookie monster. so anyway, i said to her'well, elmos right over there, go get him!' and she seemed verydistressed. so she points to the TV, and i realize she wants to watchelmo on tape. so i tell her no. michaels been listening, and he runsover, grabs the sack elmo by the eyeballs, and says 'elmo leila!' thenruns over and dumps him on Leila's lap. then she says 'cookie' and heruns over, grabs cookie monster by the eyes, and dumps *him* in leila'slap. so she realizes her power, im laughing, and she says 'elmo!' andhe runs over, grabs the elmo by the eyeballs, while still trying tohold his water. unfortunatley, it wasnt working too well since the elmowas about half his size. so he dropped his water and carried the elmowith 2 hands, and flung it up onto the couch. so leila was happy, andit was all good.

later on, im over babysitting Leila. her dad comes home, and its timefor me to leave. so he says 'leila, i think its time for courtney to gohome' and she looks at me and says 'bye bye cor-ney' so im like 'illsee you tomorrow!' and her reply is 'see you tomorr-bye!' (tomorr-byeshould be pronounced as one word, combining 'tomorrow' and 'bye').before all that, she picks up a magnet with her mom and dads picture onit. she points to it, and says 'daddy!' and he says, 'thats right! whoelse is there?' and she says 'uhh...mommy!' so later on, her dad asks'leila, is mommy pretty?' 'no' so me and him are laughing, and he says'is daddy handsome?' 'yea' and all i can say is 'well of course shesays yes, you're right there!' but prolly the funniest mistake is whenleila turned to me before her dad said anything about me leaving, andsaid 'bye bye cor-ney!' and her dad says 'you were just playing withher and now youre kicking her out?' 'kick! kick!' so she kicks the airand im like 'no...dont kick' and she's like 'kick cor-ney!' so thatexpression has left my vocabulary. *sighs* i love kids. but theirparents are fun too. leila used to call me "corky" cuz she couldntpronounce my name. now *she's* beginning to say my name, but her momstill refers to me as corky, even on the phone and in emails. and imconvinced that she doesnt know my name. like i said, i really love kids:) this is what makes all the bad stuff in my life worth goingthrough....those big chubby cheeks! dont mind my big long boring story.i thought it was cute.

[suP]I love kids too. I havea 2 year old baby cousin. One time I was watching a shoe and she cameover and layed down beside me and watched the show quietly:). Anothertime I went to their house to sleep over and at night she woke upcrying and came to me:), so I reached out my hands and she slept withme the rest of the night:D. I love her to death like I doNepo![/suP]

[suP]P.S- she is kind of scared of Nepo:p[/suP]

I love those kindsof stories! I have pages and pages of them! I kept a notebook for eachof my children and wrote misc. stories and funnies in it because I wasconvinced I would forget things as they got older, and I was right, Iwould have. I also used the notebooks to write letters to them atdifferent times in their lives when they were away or going throughtough times. The only one of the kids to know that the notebooks evenexist is the son that graduated last year. I let him read his at thattime. He bawled like a baby. He couldn't believe I'd kept stuff for allthose years! Thanks for sharing your stories Corky! I'll listen anytime!

Raspberry

I've often thoughtof you as Quirky, so Corky is a natural extension ofthat...:cool:

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back