OT 2 foster rats in need of home

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
Hi all.

I recently aquired two female rats from a "friend" of mine.They were not taken care of at all. She said she no longerliked them and was just going to stop feeding them and wait for theinevitable to happen. When I heard this I of course ofered totake them and picked them up the next day.

There was little bedding in the cage, I doubt it's been changed inmonths, the water was dry, no food, no box or anything to sleep in,just an empty cage. I brought them home and cleaned out theircage (took me 45 mins to get clean). It's actually prettydecent sized but I addeda shelf and a hammock to give them alittle more room.

Anyways, they are two females. A fawn hooded and a blackhooded. The fawn is about 1 1/2 yrs old and the black about7-8 months. Despite their minimal handling they do prettywell being held. They are kind of skiddish but once caughtdont mind being held. The black likes to explore and the fawnloves to just sit and get some nice long pets. They're verysweet.

I'd like to find them a nice home. I'll keep them if I cannotfind a home but I have 3 girls of my own right now. If anyonearound Dubuque Iowa thinks they can help out or knows of someone whocan please let me know. Dubuque is right at the IL, WIborder. I can take them about an hour or two in any direction.

I can post pictures if you like.

Please reply on here or email me at [email protected]

Thanks so much

-Madelon

I'm in Az so can't help, but I have two girls ofmy own! Stella and Moxley. They both have free range of an entireshelf. Stella is nver locked in. You know she has NEVER pooped outsideof her cage

Latest posts

Back