Oscar The Bunny: Eat, Poop, Play, Sleep, Repeat.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been keeping up with your posting, but sorry I haven't been responding. It's good to hear that Oscar's eye is showing improvement, it's good that you saw a vet with it so early before it had time to get any worse.

I used to have trouble feeding Bandit his pellets in the morning too, so often he was so excited that he would grab the bowl or paw at it while I was trying to set it down and pellets would go absolutely everywhere!! :p It's frustrating but very cute all the same.

I will be adding you on youtube in a little bit, I've actually been working behind the scenes on a bunny channel myself over the past 3 months. The most time consuming thing was just trying to decide on a name :p But I've got 2 or 3 videos largely pieced together, I wanted to have a few in the works before I uploaded anything so there's nothing on my channel yet except an avatar (Bunny Basics). I really want to get it up and running before I move in two weeks so that I can post about organising a bunny for a move etc, but not sure I'll get the chance. Looking forward to watching some of your vids :D

I think that it was the best thig to do for Oscar and I am happy with my choice and so is he. 😊

Oscar can be very annoying but the cuteness over takes their annoyance so whenever that happens I just smile because it looks so cute when he wants to eat and his body language proves that. 😜

I decided to do youtube because I have passion for rabbits and they are the most social animals I have ever met, it's like having a little cat because they have similar behavior (cleaning themselves, coming up to you to snuggle and their nails omg). Also I have seen rabbits being treated in a way they shouldn't be and being the third most popular pet and third most abandoned pet makes me want to spread awareness to rabbit owners. I want to teach people basics and also show really nice heart-warming videos of Oscar. It also makes me happy when I make people smile and that's what I want to do (hence youtube).

(I have taken a lot of time reading your blogs and from the first post about Bandit I was so intrigued, hope Bandit is alright and moving houses can be quite stressful for a rabbit so I hope he gets through it in one piece) ☺

Today is the last day of the year wooh! I will be entering year 10 now and it is going to take up a bit more time than it use to for school but Oscar will still get his TLC.

Talking about TLC what about my TLC from Oscar, I got scratches today because he seemed pissed off when I decided to trim his nails. Reason is because when he comes and puts his paws on my lap I feel it digging in my skin (literally) and it was not comfortable and some nails were quite long (especially his back nails).

Yesterday I forgot to give Oscar his evening eye drop (I have neglected him! 😣), so I am not happy with myself about that. But today I gave him all three of his eye drops - yay!
Since he is getting better I might only need to pay for consultation which is £20. I'm looking at quotes to get him insured after a month of free insurance (accidents only) and I want one for both accidents and illness (his conjuctivitis has persuaded me even more to get that type of insurance). So sooner or later I will be sorting that out because Oscar is a commitment and I want to keep him for as long as he can live.

I can tell tonight he is really not happy because he didn't give me goodnight bunny kisses or goodnight chin rubs (to clarify that I am his slave) 😣 As soon as I put him back in his cage after trimming he just started cleaning himself especially his paws because I was "messin' with 'em" according to Oscar's body language. It had to be done.

I watched his video, it wasn't long enough! Lol

I'm sorry Oscar gave you the cold shoulder, but he'll be happy to give you more attention next time he's hungry! He probably just felt like he didn't have any control, so he has to regain his sense of it.

I decided to do youtube because I have passion for rabbits and they are the most social animals I have ever met, it's like having a little cat because they have similar behavior (cleaning themselves, coming up to you to snuggle and their nails omg). Also I have seen rabbits being treated in a way they shouldn't be and being the third most popular pet and third most abandoned pet makes me want to spread awareness to rabbit owners. I want to teach people basics and also show really nice heart-warming videos of Oscar. It also makes me happy when I make people smile and that's what I want to do (hence youtube).

(I have taken a lot of time reading your blogs and from the first post about Bandit I was so intrigued, hope Bandit is alright and moving houses can be quite stressful for a rabbit so I hope he gets through it in one piece) ☺

That's pretty much exactly how I feel. What really spurred me was that at least here in Australia, there's really limited supplies and knowledge of pet rabbits, and house rabbits certainly aren't a common thing, so I really wanted to be able to provide I suppose "local" knowledge. You're probably also the first male voice I've heard on a rabbit channel :D

Thanks so much, Bandit is pretty relaxed, he handled moving well last time so I'm hoping it's a breeze again.

That's pretty much exactly how I feel. What really spurred me was that at least here in Australia, there's really limited supplies and knowledge of pet rabbits, and house rabbits certainly aren't a common thing, so I really wanted to be able to provide I suppose "local" knowledge. You're probably also the first male voice I've heard on a rabbit channel :D

Thanks so much, Bandit is pretty relaxed, he handled moving well last time so I'm hoping it's a breeze again.

I know it's kinda scary being like the only male rabbit youtuber but I guess that makes me stand out even more 😜

I watched his video, it wasn't long enough! Lol

I'm sorry Oscar gave you the cold shoulder, but he'll be happy to give you more attention next time he's hungry! He probably just felt like he didn't have any control, so he has to regain his sense of it.

What video did you watch, there should be around three videos on there now.

I might make an instagram so you can see more cuteness. ☺

What video did you watch, there should be around three videos on there now.

I might make an instagram so you can see more cuteness. ☺

The intro video, but I've now seen the is a rabbit right for you video (and left a comment). I'll also be subscribing and checking the others out too! Way to go on being a male bunny Youtuber, I can understand it being a little scary and I think it's awesome you don't let that stop you!

If you make an Instagram I will definitely follow you! I love rabbit Intagrams!

The intro video, but I've now seen the is a rabbit right for you video (and left a comment). I'll also be subscribing and checking the others out too! Way to go on being a male bunny Youtuber, I can understand it being a little scary and I think it's awesome you don't let that stop you!

If you make an Instagram I will definitely follow you! I love rabbit Intagrams!

It's very likely I'm gonna make an Instagram for Oscar sooner or later.

So today was great, his eye looks near to normal. For the past few posts I have been going on and on about the eye. What about other stuff? He is eating well, poops are normal, his bum is the cleanest I have ever seen of a rabbit (I know I have said this many times but there isn't even any stains!).

However, he still has about 3 more eyedrops to go before the course should end and he has been a bot fussy when I get out the eyedrop medicine. So I came up with a little idea, if he kept still and we quickly did the eyedrop then he gets a treat and he has grown use to that so for the whole of today he has not been fussy, he was a good bun. Until dinner time when he was trying to rip of the cage door like flippin' King Kong. He knows when its time to eat because you can hear him rattling the cage every morning and evening (around the time I usually give him food), not the most patient bun in he world but maybe he will become patient over time 😊

That's great that his eye is looking normal :) Bandit gets a bit of gunk stuck around his eyes from time to time, but it's never white infected pus, or a swollen/red eye. I think it's just eye gunk like people get after sleeping, that kinda thing.

Bandit also has his King Kong moments, it's amazing how strong they are with those teeth pulling on bars. He really only does it though if I'm late on his breakfast or letting him out.

If you have just joined our blog I have a youtube channel that is dedicated to Oscar and for informational videos. I have just changed my intro sinced it looked a bit shabby (I desperately needed an intro, so I took some time and made a new one!), but now I have a new intro which looks a lot better and more professional. Here it is: [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJr85D2O80[/ame]
It took me about 5 mins to make since it is quite simple and that's what I like. I have made a video on what to think about getting a rabbit which is aimed towards wannabe-rabbit-owners and I just go through points that you need to look over before you get a rabbit because rabbits are the third most popular pet which means they are one of the most abandoned pets so I am trying to spread awareness over that. People buy rabbits and they are ill-prepared for it and they start to neglect the rabbit, don't feed it properly which leads to health issues etc. Then they give up the rabbit for adoption which is quite sad. A rabbit is a 10-15 year commitment and if you get a rabbit your making a promise that you will take care of it till it dies, when I see people say they do then a few months later give them up it is really sad to see that. People are shopping for pets not just rabbits but other pets too instead of adopting them (I adopted my Oscar), to give them a second chance in life. Sorry I'm so serious about that but it is a topic that does need to be addressed to everyone, not just rabbit owners because it happens to other pets.

Onto something else now. I have not sorted out my schedule for uploading, right now I am aiming for (during the holidays) 3 videos per a week then when I go back to school it might be 1-2 videos per a week. I don't want to upload to much to make it seem there's a lot to watch and I don't want to lack aswell because people will lose interest so I am not going to upload no more than 3 videos per a week and no less than 1 (aiming for at least 2 a week though). So if you go over to my channel (OscarBunny) and subscribe you will be able to keep updated with videos instead of relying on this website, like I said I do not come on often so subscribing will help you keep updated (video-wise).

*hint hint* My next video might be on rabbit organisation or rabbit vaccines. Can't decide!
*another hint* I might be doing bunny vlogs as well! I'm considering it but so far I think it might be a go ahead.

If you have just joined our blog I have a youtube channel that is dedicated to Oscar and for informational videos. I have just changed my intro sinced it looked a bit shabby (I desperately needed an intro, so I took some time and made a new one!), but now I have a new intro which looks a lot better and more professional. Here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLJr85D2O80
It took me about 5 mins to make since it is quite simple and that's what I like. I have made a video on what to think about getting a rabbit which is aimed towards wannabe-rabbit-owners and I just go through points that you need to look over before you get a rabbit because rabbits are the third most popular pet which means they are one of the most abandoned pets so I am trying to spread awareness over that. People buy rabbits and they are ill-prepared for it and they start to neglect the rabbit, don't feed it properly which leads to health issues etc. Then they give up the rabbit for adoption which is quite sad. A rabbit is a 10-15 year commitment and if you get a rabbit your making a promise that you will take care of it till it dies, when I see people say they do then a few months later give them up it is really sad to see that. People are shopping for pets not just rabbits but other pets too instead of adopting them (I adopted my Oscar), to give them a second chance in life. Sorry I'm so serious about that but it is a topic that does need to be addressed to everyone, not just rabbit owners because it happens to other pets.

Onto something else now. I have not sorted out my schedule for uploading, right now I am aiming for (during the holidays) 3 videos per a week then when I go back to school it might be 1-2 videos per a week. I don't want to upload to much to make it seem there's a lot to watch and I don't want to lack aswell because people will lose interest so I am not going to upload no more than 3 videos per a week and no less than 1 (aiming for at least 2 a week though). So if you go over to my channel (OscarBunny) and subscribe you will be able to keep updated with videos instead of relying on this website, like I said I do not come on often so subscribing will help you keep updated (video-wise).

*hint hint* My next video might be on rabbit organisation or rabbit vaccines. Can't decide!
*another hint* I might be doing bunny vlogs as well! I'm considering it but so far I think it might be a go ahead.

May I ask what editor you used? I might be starting a youtube channel too, and I don't want to be a horrible video maker and yours are amazing!

The new intro looks great, very professional and to the point. Mine was originally 1 minute 40 seconds and I only just managed to cut it back to 1 minute, lol. I would have preferred shorter but I also didn't want to cut it down any more :p I think shorter is better for channel intros so nicely done :) I admire your dedication for 3 videos a week, that's a lot of content. I may only manage 1 a week if I'm lucky, maybe once a fortnight.

May I ask what editor you used? I might be starting a youtube channel too, and I don't want to be a horrible video maker and yours are amazing!

I use sony vegas pro to edit all my videos (including the crappy intro I did first which took 2 mins lol). It is good if you want to do simple editing but any graphics and text adobe after effects needs to be used and also audio editing is better with audacity. Good luck to your channel!

The new intro looks great, very professional and to the point. Mine was originally 1 minute 40 seconds and I only just managed to cut it back to 1 minute, lol. I would have preferred shorter but I also didn't want to cut it down any more :p I think shorter is better for channel intros so nicely done :) I admire your dedication for 3 videos a week, that's a lot of content. I may only manage 1 a week if I'm lucky, maybe once a fortnight.

It's great that people think it looks a lot more professional because I was not satisfied with my previous one. I'm not that bad when it comes to editing but it is very time consuming. My favourite part of youtube is recording because it's the most fun bit. :D (Oscar is also a little poser so its easy :p)

So for the past two days was probably the most worrying. Tuesday night I was watch MKR australia with family and I hear sneezing/snorting in Oscar's cage and it is repetitive (almost looked like a fit) and I got hella scared. After about 10 seconds it calmed down but he was still snorting occassionally. Yesterday we went to the vets to get a health check for his eye and I told the vets about his snorting fit and he asked me if there was any discharge and I said no because I checked him shortly afted he had the snorting fit. He said that it was normal, and that if there was discharge then it would be a concern. I still didn't feel comfortable because he has been snorting since day 1 really and the whole time I thought it was behaviour-related but after his snorting fit I have changed my mind and if it is what I think it is, I am gonna have to make some noise about it because when he had that little fit he looked irritated. Maybe there is something in his nose or I might be missing something. Whatever it is I want to know and I really keep hoping it's normal like the vet said but I am not convinced. He has his neuter on the 3rd August so if it is a bacterial infection in the nose then he should not have his neuter because it is unacceptable to peform a surgery like that on a rabbit that's infected.

So, clearly I am really not enjoying the situation right now but I'm gonna give it more time so I can keep checking for discharge (like how he had with conjuctivitis) and if I see the slightest mucus I'm ringing the vets because my Oscar is not going to go through that as I know that suff (if left) can be fatal if not treated.

Apart from that he has been fine, eyes back to normal, ears look good and he is eating so that's the more important - his eating habits.

(MKR australia was great btw if you wanted to know :p, Oscar is usually quiet whenever we watch TV sometimes he wants to come out and play and he would make a lot of noise by chewing the bars of the cage.)

Last edited:
Sorry if you have mentioned this in the past, but what kind of litter do you use? Also, could the hay have been super dusty or something like that, like bottom of the bag stuff? Just throwing out some ideas..

stevesmum makes a good point, it could be the type of litter your using, or even the type of hay, Oscar might be sensitive to one or the other so it might be worth changing them out for a different type to see how things go :) I really hope he's feeling better soon! I know how stressful it can be when you're worrying about your bunn.

Latest posts

Back