Oscar and Miso

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaspers

Reaction score
These are my mini lops, Oscar(Grey) and Miso(white) about a month after my sister and I adopted them.
Miso has sadly passed away in October and Oscar’s grieving process has been long and really hard on me. But he’s been getting better recently and Ive been trying my hardest to keep him as happy as possible now that he’s alone. I haven‘t been able to get him neutered yet so getting him a new friend is going to have to wait.

Im here to learn new ways to keep him entertained when I’m gone and to help him trust me more. He’s always been a bit standoff-ish but loosing Miso completely broke both of us. I want him to be as playful as he used to be, but Im running out of ideas.

Attachments

• 7310CC59-D52C-4A7E-8E4D-9ED3D31F7029.jpeg
    7310CC59-D52C-4A7E-8E4D-9ED3D31F7029.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 54051EF4-4B95-4480-83C7-B39D0880FE35.jpeg
    54051EF4-4B95-4480-83C7-B39D0880FE35.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I'm very sorry for your loss and how difficult the loss has been for you and your bun.

His activity level may not only be due to the loss of his friend. If they were babies when they were together, baby buns are always more energetic and inclined to play. If he's now coming to be an adult rabbit, it could be that he is just starting to settle down a bit, which is normal.

Usually rabbits don't need much entertaining during the middle of the day. Rabbits are most active in the early morning and late evening for the most part, and during the middle of the day they mostly sleep in between their eating. So as long as you're spending time with your bun in the morning and evening, he should be fine.

Here are some tips you can do to form a stronger and more trusting bond with your bun.

https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com/bonding-with-your-bunny.html
And here are some ideas for enrichment and activities. My rabbits always loved ripping up cardboard boxes and digging in their dig box filled with crumpled paper.

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Toys_and_games

Latest posts

Back