Orion was just put to sleep

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't thank everyone enough. I'mstill really questioning myself. Tonight, Cedric floppedwhile I was cleaning cages and I almost had a heart attack. Ipulled him out of the cage sobbing and he just looked at me like, whatis your problem? I'm simply a mess about all ofit.

I did have this vet do some initial things to check to see if she couldfind anything without doing anything invasive. (I'm takinghim to my normal vet tomorrow for a second opinion.) She didx-rays and found what she believes is a tumor on his brain. Italked with her and my regular vet and they both feel that it was mostlikely genetic and that he probably had other minor seizures that Inever saw. Everyone feels that Orion had an awful start inlife and there was probably a lot of inbreeding.

He was a rescue from a reptile show from this awful man. Thewhole thing was terrible. The guy didn't even know what wasmixed with the Mini Rex in him, he said it was snow shoe, but I doubtthat. Orion was tiny and too young to be away from mom, but Iknew he would have gone first to be a feeder, so I brought himhome. I'm so glad I was able to give him the months he hadhere.

The rest of the buns are still getting a round of antibiotics (and I'mgoing to talk to my vet about the ferrets and rats to see if they needsomething) just in case. I'm terrified now, and my vet saidit won't hurt. The Flemish aren't on anything at this point,because they do not share the critter room with the others.

Jen

Orion12.jpg

Orion18.jpg

Oh Jen I am so glad you gave him a wonderfullife with you. You are the best mom in the world and they would giveanything to be with you always. He is such a handsome boy.

Jen I will have a new avatar for you along with Lily and Daisy just like the one you have.

Take care of your self and if you need anything just email me.

To say sorry just does not seem to be goodenough. You are in my prayers. It has been ahorrible time for you, and I feel awful that it has to happento someone I know and care about. Jen you know where to findus when you need us.

Susan

Jen, I'm so sorry. No you're not a badbunny mom. You tried to help him as much as youcould. I hope that all your other buns will befine. big hugs

Thank you is not enough for everyone.You are my bunny family and your kind words mean the whole world tome. I was so scared when I posted this that someone wouldtell me I was doing terrible things, I really was. And whileI know that was insane, I'm feeling so insecure about my bunny caringabilities, I don't know what to do.

I have to ask everyone to pray for my buns. I'm so scared forall of them now. I keep checking them and checkingthem. I swear I'm making Cedric insane. He jumps upand stares at me when I go in, like, you are bothering meagain?!?!?! I just don't know if I could handle another lossright now.

I'm not sure if I will be around for a few days, I just don'tknow. I'm hurting so badly right now and I cry every time Ithink about it all. But I do find comfort in the people who Ifind here, so I may be here all the time. Please, know thatif I'm not here, you are all in my thoughts constantly. Thankyou again for your heartfelt words of kindness and all the love thatcomes from this forum

Lots of Love,

Jen

Jen, I am so very sorry that you are going through a loss all over again.
You are not an awful bunny mummy, you are one of the best people I know here who care and love thrie bunnies no end.

I can understand why you go check on the bunnies so much, it's just anatural thing to do to want and try and protect and watch over yourbunnies.

Please hunny don't think you are the problem, you are definately not.
I have no explanation for it all but I do hope that your life turns around, and it will, it may seem like it won't but it will.

Please take this hug:hug: from me and share it with yourself and your bunnies.

I truly send you lopve and sympathy from my heart.

:tears2:I'm so sorry to hear about Orion'spassing and that you have to go through this grief again sosoon. Orion was lucky to have had you to give him such a goodhome.

I'm so very very sorry, Jen. :sad:

You sure have had some very difficult times lately. My heart goes out to you.

:pray:

-Carolyn

Keeping you and yours in mah prayers, poorthings. Dont think you are a bad mom, those buns had the besttimes of their lives with you, it was just their time to go.Maybe Lily was calling to him, she wanted a playmate over the Bridge.

Jen, I'm heartbroken over the loss you aresuffering through this month. I pray for good things for youand the other buns.

Jen, I'm so so sorry.

You have done so much for Orion, and do so much for your other babiesas well. You're taking a very responsible route by getting them all onantibiotics as a precaution. Better to be safe than sorry.

You gave Orion such a good life.

Oh goodness, Jen, this is so unfair. I am sovery sorry for all you have been going through lately. I know it isnatural to be paranoid about your other buns, but I am sure that thereis nothing wrong - it does seem likely that poor Orion's bad startcaused his problems.

You do so much for all your babies, please don't question yourself. Weare all here for you, and I will be praying for you and all your babies.

Jan

Jen I am so sorry about everything.... pleasedont have any doubts in yourself you have two of my rabbits and I havecomplete faith in you. It is just bad timing that this allhappened at the same time none of it was your fault so please don'tthink that. You are a wonderful mother to all of your animalsnever doubt that.

Latest posts

Back