Orion was just put to sleep

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, God. I posted just an hour ago andthen went up to take care of the buns. Orion was having aseizure when I walked into the room. I just didn't have anyidea what was going on. I called the only local vet who doesrabbits and she was still in. He was in obvious pain, I don'tknow what happened. He was fine last night. I'mjust in shock. I got him to the vet within 10 min of findinghim and he was in awful shape. She took him immediately andwas gone for about 1/2 hr and came and told me he was dying.She didn't know why or what to do for him. I knew I needed toend it for him, we felt he was in pain. So I held him whileshe gave the injection. It was so awful

I just lost Lily and now him too, what is going on? I calledmy vet on the way home and he still has some of Lily's blood from hernecropsy, so he was going to send that out, but we are putting all thebuns on antibiotics immediately. He called a local vet for meand got me the meds.

I don't know what else to say, I feel like the worst bunny mom in theentire world. He seemed normal this morning, whathappened???? I just don't know.

Jen

Oh Jen, I wish there was more I could say or do...I'm so sorry for your losses...You've had it so rough lately!!!

You are not a horrible bunny mom...your kids all know how much they are loved...

Oh Jen, you're not an awful bunny-mom. You're agreat bunny-mom. You did all you could possibly do for the both ofthem. Please don't ever think anything different.

I wish I could offer words of comfort, but I don't really know what to say except I'm very, very sorry. :bigtears:

Oh Jen I am so sorry. You aren't not abad Bunny Mommy so don't even think that sweetie. You have been throughso much lately. My heart truly goes out to you. If you need for foranything I'm here ok? I'm just in shock, I can't believe it. Sendingyou lots of thoughts and prayers hun.

Tina

Jen,

I'm so sorry :(

Ioften ponder why it's always the best and most loved that we seem to have so little time with.

Pam

Jen I am so sosorry , I dont know what to say,, You have had a hell of a bad few months andits bout time it ends , I willcast a circle of protection for You and yourBunnies , Step into the light , You are protected .

Oh, Jen... :tears2:

You and your furkids are in my prayers
EOcross.gif

[align=center]
St.jpg

[/align]
~Emily and the Fuzzbutts~

Oh my gosh Jen, I cant believe this is happening to you :(

I am very sorry for Orion and I will be praying for you and the rest of your bunnies.

I know it hurts right now and you cant help but questioning yourself,but you know deep in your heart that you are an EXCELLENT bunny mom andyou do everything in your power to make sure they are happyandhealthy.

I am so sorry for your loss.....how horrible for you!:pray:

:bigtears: I'm so sorry. I can'tremember- was Orion the one that was abandoned when he was veryyoung? I'm just thinking that this may be from his own healthproblems and not from anything related to Lily.

This has been an awful time for you. Just remember that we'll always be here.

Jen, I know that nothing wecan say will bring precious Orion back, but hope that our words ofcomfort will help a bit.

You are a great bunnymom - if I were a rabbit I'dwantyou to care for me. It is a wonderful thingthat you were with Orion during his last moments - he knew you caredabout him and didn't want him to suffer.

pamnock wrote:
Jen,

I'm so sorry :(

Ioften ponder why it's always the best and most loved that we seem to have so little time with.

Pam
That is so true , Pam.

Jen, it was out of your control. Wehad a beautiful black buck, Moolie, who was frolicking around thebackyard with his mate, Maizie. Buck Jones was doing yardwork and I was in the house vacuuming. All of a sudden Buckcame in and yelled for me to come out "Something's wrong withMoolie!"

There Moolie was lying half in and half out of the opening of theshelter (safe house) Buck had built for the buns. He waspanting very, very heavily. I picked him up and said we haveto get him to the vet ASAP, but as I looked at him, I knew it was theend. I held him and Buck caressed him and he died in ourarms.

Go figure. One minute he's binking around the yard and the next minute he's gone.

No, you're a good "bunny mommy." Many things are just out of our control.

Know you are in many thoughts and prayers...and Buck greeted your baby when it crossed over the Rainbow Bridge.

The Missus

Jen I am so sorry! :(

I know how you feel - I felt like I was a bad bunny mom when Poco diedin my arms last week. But that's silly! Someone like you who cares somuch and spends as much time with the buns as you do could never be abad bunny mom! Orion was a lucky bun to have a mommy like you. I wish Iknew what to say to make the pain go away. We're thinking of you.

Donna, Scott, Hef, Skittles & JawsII

Oh my gosh Jen what can I do for ya girl. Oh manI wish I could be there for ya. Daisy and Lily has greeted Orion at thebridge waiting for you. Jen Buck will always take care of all of ourbuns.

Jen you got my number give Abby kissies for us.

Oh sweetie, thingsare just so tough for you right now. Something odd hashappened,some cruel twist of fate that has taken your bunsfrom you so close together. Try not to make yourself miserablewondering what you could have done differently. We all know howdelicate our babies are, and we know what a good bunny Momma you'vebeen. You made them feel happy and loved.

Raspberry

Latest posts

Back