Organizing my pet food area...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it!!! I only have two critters at home but I might do a mini version of what you have... you have a lot of furbabies!

Thanks for sharing your project. Always looking for a better way to organize. Definitely would cut down on my time having everything in one spot than in the general area of that one spot.

Awesome project.

K:)

Lol! Its a good idea! What all food is in there? I wonder though if the lifespan of food is shortened by not being sealed tight?

I thought about that before setting it up...just enough fits in the drawers to be usable quickly. Any overflow ends up in the white buckets for when the drawers need to be refilled. The exception is I have 2 drawers of the alfalfa based food because of the two new girls incoming this weekend. I'll be going through it faster because they'll be free feed.

From the top: Oxbow Adult, Blue Wilderness + 1 other food, 2 drawers of the Hutch 17, Troy's Science Diet dog food, and the last drawer is bird seed for my feeder outside. I kept spilling the bag, lol.

The Oxbow adult is what I've switched Gubb and Atts to, the Blue Wilderness is a no grain cat food that's very high in protein - the other food added to is Good Life cat food. I use this drawer for my cats and ferrets, but my ferrets get a 3rd brand also: 8-in-1 Ultimate ferret food. Ferret food is too expensive to mix in with the cats who don't need it.

The Hutch 17 is what Matthias and Molly are on. We're still not sure if Molly is having another litter after her last tryst with Atticus a few days before his neutering. The 30 day mark is this coming Tuesday, June 5th. Matthias isn't yet 4 months old so he's still in the growing phase.

Troy eats Science Diet large breed adult kibble, plus lots of raw foods including veggies.

As far as bird seed I have a lot of finches and grackles that hang out. Plus I feed, apparently, the neighborhood chipmunks. I have thistle out there too.

Latest posts

Back