Organic spring mix vs purchasing own veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lemony4

Reaction score
Hi all! I know there are some bun owners who feed their buns daily with organic spring mix, I've always bought my own vegetables and tried to have two staples and mix in a new third every time I shop. But it seems the spring mix would provide more variety.

Lately I've been throwing out a lot of spoiled vegetables (part of this may be adjusting from 2 bunnies to 1 recently, so going through a lot less) but I really don't like to purchase less than 3 types of veggies a time for variety, and some types just go bad faster than others.

Do you find spring mixes easier/less wasteful? Is everything 100% safe that goes in them? I'm mostly concerned about health risks/benefits if any.

I'd of course make the switch gradually

I don't buy the spring mixes because I like giving Theo a variety of veggies, but I would expect the mixes to be less wasteful. The spring mixes are normally 100% safe. What brand are you thinking about buying?

Probably something like this?

Spring mix

Baby Romaine*, Baby Chard*, Baby Mizuna*, Radicchio*, Baby Red Leaf*, Baby Green Leaf*, Baby Oak Leaf*, Baby Arugula*, Baby Spinach*, Baby Butter Lettuce*.

Those are the ingredients, I'm pretty sure they're all ok

I buy spring mix in the clear box, bagged ones don't last in the fridge. It's got a variety, they are prewashed and no prep or rationing needed. Just buy a new one when it's empty. I do also get a package of herbs each week too, this week she is having cilantro

Ok good to know! Yeah I was planning on adding a little extra something to the mix as well. Thanks for the reply!

Probably something like this?

Spring mix

Baby Romaine*, Baby Chard*, Baby Mizuna*, Radicchio*, Baby Red Leaf*, Baby Green Leaf*, Baby Oak Leaf*, Baby Arugula*, Baby Spinach*, Baby Butter Lettuce*.

Those are the ingredients, I'm pretty sure they're all ok
That looks good! I might get a box for Theo and see if he likes it.

I often buy spring mixes for my rabbits, but like to add some herbs and maybe a bit of kale or something like that to give it more variety. The only problem I have with spring mix, is that you need to buy a lot of them to last, so I’m actually changing to just buying veggies. One bag of spring mix will last me a 3/4 of a day with my two rabbits who altogether get about 4 1/4 cup of veggies. And I often end up buying maybe 8-9 of these a week - which ends up more expensive than un-packaged (I don’t know the word) veggies too! 🥴

So, it is easier - not exactly less wasteful (a lot of plastic) but it is more likely to be all finished then seperate veggies. And most of the time all of the veggies are safe!!

Last edited:
I buy spring mix in the clear box, bagged ones don't last in the fridge. It's got a variety, they are prewashed and no prep or rationing needed. Just buy a new one when it's empty. I do also get a package of herbs each week too, this week she is having cilantro
This is EXACTLY what I buy haha the clear box ones are great, the bags are such a waste, they go bad sooo fast!

Latest posts

Back