Oreo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace

Reaction score
After my Cocoa died, i thought I could never have a bunny anymore. But after a couple of weeks, i started thinking that maybe Cocoa would have been happy if a new bunny in need could be with me. So I adopted Oreo. She was kept in a very small cage all her life. She could barely move... She also has a stomac hernia. She is fine now, she is always binkying and having a lot of fun. I decided to wait a little bit before spaying her and removing her hernia. I love Oreo with all my heart but I really think she hates me... she sometimes lounges at me, she turns her back at me... she does not like me to get close to her. She is doing a little better now, but she is still very "independent". When i do something she does not like, like trimming her claws she does things I don't like on purpose, like peeing on my bed. she never does that, only if i do something she does not like. She is 10 months old and she will be spayed in august. Do you think that after the surgery she will calm down a little bit? She is always so nervous... do you have any suggestions to help Oreo to like me??
By the way, there she is....
[IMG=http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/876/oreo2.th.jpg][/IMG]
Isn't she cute???

I think spaying will help.

Though, I have a spayed female that is really just not that loving. After years of owning her, I have just come to understand this is how she is. Sometimes she will let me pet her. Other times she grunts an awful pig noise that makes me jerk my hand away and has even boxed me. To me, this is her way of just letting me know she wants to be left alone. I know that she loves me, she just isn't a cuddly loving bunny. This may seem weird, but I like the fact that she feels comfortable enough to tell me when she wants to be left alone. When she does this, I will sometimes sit and just talk to her and not try to pet her or play with her. She seems to enjoy just having me there talking to her. I think all rabbits are different and the attention they want and the way they want you to show it is different. I don't think it means they love you any less.

This rabbit also seems nervous sometimes, but I know she isn't afraid of me. If I bring out the treat container, she will run and jump all over me so I know she doesn't fear me. I just think she has a different need for cuddles and lovings then my other bun who would let me pet her for hours.

Reading the threads on RO, I will see bunnies who sleep with their human and then others who just don't need or want the same type of affection. I don't think this means a rabbit loves their human more, I just think it is a difference in personalities.

How long have you had her? She may still be trying to get use to everyting. BTW, she is an adorable bunny.

Oreo has been with me for 3 months. She has been kept in the back of a pet store in a very small cage where she could not even move. And then she lived in a rabbit hutch outside for a little bit until i knew about her and adopted her. She had a very hard life poor thing, I am sure that it will take a little bit for her to get comfortable around humans. I read on RO about bonding with bunnies. And i noticed that Oreo does some things to let me know she likes me. She comes close to me, last night she slept in bed with me for a while. She just does not want me to grab her and she is not really comfortable being pet. I think i should be patient with her and she will trust me. But i love her so much and she is so cute that i would like to hold her all the time...

Latest posts

Back