Opinions on Jr. Mini rex- and on my posing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shayhara

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my two jr Mini rex. These are the two I kept from my favorite pair. Let me know what you think, both good and bad. I have a really hard time posing them and taking the picture. I can get them looking perfect but as soon as I pick up the camera they have moved a foot or something. When I take too long they get impatient and won't be still any longer. These are the best of the 30+ pics I took of the two of them. I tried to include top, side, and back views, I got a face view of the doe but not posed.
If you have any tips for posing let me know. ie: feet farther back farther forward, try doing this or don't do that.

The buck - Smith's Dexter - broken black
SmithsDexterJan2011side.jpg

SmithsDexterJan2011.jpg

I know I rotated that when I resized it, but it went back to sideways again.
SmithsDexter2011butt.jpg

The doe - Smith's Jazz Hands - broken black
Not a good posed picture of her - she kept pulling back with her back legs and pushing her butt backwards, trying to back away from my hand.
SmithsJazzhandsJan2011.jpg

SmithsJazzhandsJan2011butt.jpg

SmithsDexterJan2011face.jpg

(labeled this picture as the buck, but realize its the doe, his nose is black, hers has white on it.)
I found a couple more of her taken a few days ago but I don't have them resized and don't have time at the moment to do it. I will post them tomorrow. Shows her posed better, a posed face, butt and top pic of her as well.

Thanks
Melissa

I'll try to help. I like the first ones depth maybe just a touch long in the midsection. he looks a little hollow through the loin but nice shoulders.

The second one is hard to say because of her pose. She looks pinched in the hindquarters and also hollow through the loin. I wish she had more depth. She might be a tad long in the shoulders but it could be because she is pulling back. I like the buck better

my disclaimer: I dont really know mini rex but I have commented for judges who do enough of them

Can you get a top view of Jazz?
I have to say if you are picking between the two Dexter looks much fuller and better than Jazz.

Most of the time I think Dexter looks better then Jazz but then sometimes I get her posed just right and its like. OH...... That's good stuff, but trying to get her to do that for more then seconds is impossible. Here are a couple more pictures of her I took a few days before those.

SmithsJazzhandsJan2012top.jpg

SmithsJazzhandsJan2012front.jpg

Latest posts

Back