Opinion on this ‘rent-a-bunny’ ad

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelly

Gelly
Reaction score
I know that I am not a fan. The cages they’re providing are very small (someone messaged me who did it for their kids and the bunny came with a small cage). They’re not spayed or neutered and I feel this could be a very stressful situation for the bunnies. How do I approach them respectfully?

Attachments

• C2865A99-64A6-421C-B747-D11F3E1435F3.jpeg
    C2865A99-64A6-421C-B747-D11F3E1435F3.jpeg
    106.2 KB · Views: 26
Okay, that’s horrible! They are putting so much stress on the rabbits. And rabbits can get heart attacks SUPER easily.

1. They are in a new environment they are not familiar with REPEATEDLY. In a small cage with nowhere to go.
2. Most likely people will do this for their kids so they can see what having a rabbit is like. Those kids could very easily kill the rabbits or very easily scar them for life by picking them up wrong, dropping them, grabbing them very sternly...
3. One of my rabbits that I owned at one time got a heart attack from my dog just running into the room. Think of how much worse ‘rent a bunny’ could do to those poor rabbits. ☹

I just don’t see any benefit.

Okay, that’s horrible! They are putting so much stress on the rabbits. And rabbits can get heart attacks SUPER easily.

1. They are in a new environment they are not familiar with REPEATEDLY. In a small cage with nowhere to go.
2. Most likely people will do this for their kids so they can see what having a rabbit is like. Those kids could very easily kill the rabbits or very easily scar them for life by picking them up wrong, dropping them, grabbing them very sternly...
3. One of my rabbits that I owned at one time got a heart attack from my dog just running into the room. Think of how much worse ‘rent a bunny’ could do to those poor rabbits. ☹

I just don’t see any benefit.
When will people understand that bunnies are not glorified stuffed animals? They’re not ‘entertainment’. I’m sure this person has good intentions but this is a terrible idea and concept.

This is besides the fact that bunnies make terrible pets for kids (unless the bunny likes being picked and is relaxed but let’s be real, that’s not most). I always supervise and watch my bunny like a hawk when kids come to play with him. They know the rules- no picking him up, no feeding him anything, no loud noises, no excited movements, and no touching his feet.

Latest posts

Back