open wound on Lionhead bunny

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Narmymata954

Reaction score
I have a 5 week old male lionhead I’ve noticed for the past week he has had a lump on his back he is acting normal and eating normal today I was checking it and squeezed what appeared to be some white ball kind of looked like pus but he still has a lump I’m not sure what this could be if it is a tumor or if a botfly larvae is still in there any help? It left what appears to be a hole once I squeezed the white stuff

Attachments

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
Has he been around another rabbit? It could be a bite, but I really don't know for sure. I suggest taking him to the vet just to be safe.

@JBun will probably be able to help more.

zuppa

Reaction score
This doesn't look like a bite of another rabbit, not at all. Wasn't great idea squeezing it to be honest, hope you disinfected at least. I would suggest visiting a vet, if it is open wound like this and you keep them outdoor this would be ideal place for laying eggs for botfly or just for infection, given he's only 5 week old there's a real danger of losing him so proper care needed.

Janellek

Reaction score
disinfect it and then get him to a vet ASAP. Five weeks is a dangerous age for having a wound. Don’t squeeze it any more. I hope this helps! Praying all goes well😘

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

BunMomDelux

Reaction score
Is the wound warm? That would be a sign of infection. Should definitely get it checked regardless.

In the meantime keep him indoors & a bit of cornstarch or flour on the wound will keep it dry and help it close up faster (my in-law is a vet he swears by it for open cuts).