One Swollen Testicle? Post-Neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happi Bun

Reaction score
Felix was neutered on Wednesday the 28th. He's been doing just fine and his energy has returned. The first few days his testicles were understandably swollen; which I know is normal for a while. My only concern is that he now has one swollen testicle (his right). The other (left) is shriveled and soft, like it should be. There doesn't appear to be any pain or discharge with the swollen one. It looks fine other than being hard/swollen.

Is this unusual, should I contact the vet?

Thanks! :)

I would take him in to be checked. You shouldn't be charged for it either, as it will be follow-upfrom surgery;). Could be infection?

Any Inf Mods that can pipe in?

Is it warmer to the touch? Is the color the same? You could ice it a bit to see if that will help. An ice pack in a towel on it for 10 min, 3 times a day (can be all at once, just like 15-30 min between each time), may help.

Oh dear, I hope it's not an infection. They are both equally warm to the touch, but the swollen one does seem a bit discolored where the opening was made.

:nerves1

Tomorrow he is going back to the vet just to be safe. I will do the ice pack in the towel until then.

Thanks to you both!

I'm preparing myself for the vet to say infection when I bring him in today...
sad0043.gif

It went well. :) She didn't think it was infected but said to keep a close eye on it. At this point it may just be normal. I'm supposed to bring him in again Friday if the swelling hasn't gone down. If the swelling increases, the color changes, or discharge starts coming out then I was told to bring him in as soon as possible.

Latest posts

Back