One bunny sleeps more than the other?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

softcottoncloud☁️

Reaction score
One of my bunnies sleeps more than the other. Im worried is it too much? I also feel like the more active of the two has started sleeping more to keep the other one company maybe or mirroring behaviour. They're both healthy otherwise, no problems with pooping, peeing, balance, playing, eating or anything. Are they just getting more comfortable in their new environment and more tired from running around? I increased their play area space tremendously about 2 weeks ago, so they get to play around at night too when I'm asleep (I do wake up to digging/scratching/running across the floor really fast-food steps in the middle of the night sometimes multiple times) so I assume they're probably up when I'm sleeping while all day I'm wondering why they sleep so much!

I don't know if I can bump my old thread (?)

Anyway I'd say since this weekend or Sunday onwards (the past 4-5 days) the heat has really increased here. I am starting to notice them being less active than they used to be and always sleeping on the cold floor...is this something to worry about? Or is it a normal response to the heat? (Especially from like 11 am-7pm it stays hot and sunny) I'm not gonna lie that's my response to the heat too but I'm not trying to take any risks with my rabbits. Is this normal?

It’s normal that rabbit become less active when it becomes warm. Which is a perfectly normal response towards hot weather.

How hot is hot? If it gets too hot, it is a good idea to freeze a plastic bottle of water so they can lie near it to cool off. If you have a 12" square of tile (or larger) you can put that in the freeze or fridge and put that down for them to lay upon.

How hot is hot? If it gets too hot, it is a good idea to freeze a plastic bottle of water so they can lie near it to cool off. If you have a 12" square of tile (or larger) you can put that in the freeze or fridge and put that down for them to lay upon.

Well it's 40°C outside right now, my rabbits are indoors with me, the ceiling fan and cooling fan are constantly on however the latter is facing me, my floor is made of tiles and stays colder than the actual temperature. I do have water bottles in the fridge I will put them in the freezer and take it out to let them lay near it when it's done freezing. I'll also see if i can get a hold of a ceramic tile and cool/chill that as well. Thank you!

That’s really hot, I think it’s hot indoor when the weather outside is around 5-10 C [emoji23]

Make sure to keep watch over your rabbits so they don’t overheat.

Latest posts

Back