on and off topic I moved!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabby

Reaction score
As I stated I would post when we finally moved..We did FINALLY hip hip hurray!!!!!! THe party may now start..At any rate we closed on the house Thursday pm we did it right at thecourt house so all the papers were filed while we were thereand we had the keys right off.

First we came over to shovel snow off the deck and entryarea, as the house has been empty for 3 weeks and we got lots of snowin the mean time.. figures... While we were shoveling Promise(my oldestdog) got to explore the house. now mind you 3 dogs lived hereprior, so there was plenty of sniffing to do.

She christened the house right awayby peeing in the bedroom:? but i guess what can you expectwhen she wanted to be sure them 3 dogs didn'treturn.

we moved a few things thursday washed the kitchen cabinets down..

Friday i had to workAM didn't get out till 2 pm so Istarted moving all the kitchen stuff in my car, and trying to get itset up. I also cleaned up what needed cleaning.. we'd hadrain when the people move out so there were some muddy footprints..

Hubby got out of work around 5pm and then we moved mostly breakable stuff.

saturday ws the motherload move, we borrowed an enclosedsnowmobile trailer from a neighbor to use and had different people showup throughoyut the day to help out with moving heavy objects.

friday night we got the buns moved... they were allvery nervous, but were happy once we were on non movingground again. Brice did freak out and i had to grab him out his carrierand hold him firmly to myself till we got here. But he was estatic tosee his cage once we got inside.

I think Ginger and Peter Salem fully bonded on that car ride...they have for quite some time been living in what i call the "bunnydating cage" a NIC cage with a NIC devider so they can lickand groom a bit through the devider but could also get away from eachother.. they are now together with no devider.

We moved the last 6 loads of stuff sunday and then cleaned up the old house.

Now comes all the box unpacking.. oh joys... :( thebuns are a bit discombobulated... some of them are not next to their"regular neighbors" and their houses make an interesting horse shoeshape on the floor at the moment, I am missing one their boxes ofgoodies...has my comb in it too.. not sure who moved it or where it gotput, but holly will need a good clipping down by time i find it.. ithas to be downstairs somewhere... fortunally I left their firstaide kitloose(it's a picknic basket) so i know where that stuffis..

At any rate I will have to snap some pics when tHere aren't so many boxes stacked about.

Congratulations! You guys must be so excited to be in your new home, moving stress aside. :)

And yes, unpacking has to be the worst part, well one of the worstparts anyway. It's so unsettling not knowing where stuff is, not surewhere to put them away and all that jazz.

Glad to hear the buns are doing well. Abby and Chompers faired wellfrom our move to Toronto to Ottawa, although my cat Lestat was freakedout for a few days.

oh dear me something happened to my replies when i hit post.. i'll have to sort it out later...
Stephanie
Flopsy
*nepo*
Buck Jones
LuvaBun

Great that you have eventually moved into your new home. The buns aregoing to have soooo much exploring to do. I am sure they could helpwith the unpacking ;)

the house is no where near bunny proof the poor things are gonnahave to wait for awhile to let them out now would be anightmare... bunny suiside...there are a few i can let out, like bricewho wont set a foot off the rug I place him on.. rabbits likeTJ though i have to be fully ready because TJ does not believebarriers were ment for him or that when you say no that youcould possibly be talking to him...:?

I put the gate up one day in the old house to let him and a coupleothers run around the hall and our back room put the gate up because iwas on the pc and not going to be keeping a close watch over him withthe dogs.. he decides to squeeze himself under the gate,something 98% of the others would never even dream of doingthe lil devil..

LOL

TJ and Valuran could be related. Valuran is the same way, Gabby, withthe baby gate we have up. He's actually pulled it down a few times tomake his getaway. When we say no, he just gives us that look.Oh, gotta love those teenage years.

GABBERS!!!!!! So glad to see you back! I missed you!

How are all of you doing now? I imagine you are worn out! but I am so happy for you being in the new place! :)

How's that sweet girl, Daphnee doing? Does promise still keep an eye on her?

You'll have to share some photos of the new place once you get all the buns settled in their area :)

Welcome back :)

thanks each and every one and Bo it is nice to bemissed makes a person feel special ;)now stay tunedfor a few pics from the new house... rabbit pics will have to comelater as their area is no where near ready yet but i do have a coupleyou can all see...

below Angel after a butt bath she greatly needed attenped to untape my packed boxes you see behind her

here is out my slider onto the deck and into theback yard you can see some the boxes we already unpacked.. and looktrees behind us.. ahhhh.. no more ugly pink house in the back yard...

it isn't a very good shot but here is our newlvrm, i tought i had gotten more into the pic... as you can see boxesbeing unpacked.. and we have a nice wood stove in the lvrm

no dishwasher in this house and a strainer wontfit into the sink it's a couple inches to small so all my just cleaneddishes are stacked in the sink when i find my kitchen table i'll take apicture from the other angel but it's a wee bit burried inboxes at the moment

different veiw of the room.. the firstone was taken from the bathroom doorway this one from the halldoorway... i'd add pics of my bath, but not sure anyone wants pics ofa bathroom lol

:)I love it! I'm so happy for you!

I have a king bed too and Love it..... lol

I can't wait to see more..... heck yeah show us your bathroom! everyone has one hopefully LOL!

Latest posts

Back