Omg. PLEASE HELP.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellsb

Reaction score
My rabbit went from being happy and healthy in a matter of 60 seconds,to being hyperactive, biting me all over. Running all over. Jumping on me and the couch. Will NOT settle down. Then for a brief 4 minutes he laid on my stomach and lap and let me pet him and rub him, and then RIGHT back to the behaviour. It is 1215am here and this JUST happend in the last 45 minutes and has NOT stopped. No change to diet. Eating, drinking regularily. Pooping the same. I CANT TELL WHAT HE WANTS. So.eone pls tell me what to do if you've ever been through this. Cause this is a FIRST for me..

Was it true biting like breaking the skin or nipping?

Because he might be playing and nipping you, then he rested because he got warm and then up again to do zoomies.

You can let out a loud yelp when he nips snd he will know you don’t like it. He might nip because your in the way for him to do zoomies.

Was it true biting like breaking the skin or nipping?

Because he might be playing and nipping you, then he rested because he got warm and then up again to do zoomies.

You can let out a loud yelp when he nips snd he will know you don’t like it. He might nip because your in the way for him to do zoomies.
No. It's more of an uncomfortable and letting me know nibble. Over the last hour and a half, he has started to wheeze a bit while breathing and has STILL yet to calm down. He will flop, and let me rub his tummy and hind legs, which he never allows me to do usually. Hes still able to, and has been eating hay. Hes outside right now going potty. But the breathing and hyperactiveness is VERY alarming to me.

Is your bunny neutered, it’s natural for a bunny to breath fast when running around a lot.

All my bunnies after running around a lot will breath fast and flop down after when done.

If your bunny aren’t neutered he might be filled with hormones and have gotten spring feelings.

But how do the wheezing sound like? If he have trouble breathing he can also be panicking over it. I’ve been in that situation with one of my bunnies. When she started to have trouble/ choking she would run around and gasping for air with the mouth. Is it the same with your bunny?

Yes hes neutered. It's not just breathing fast. Its wheezing. Almost like his throat is closed off a bit or something. But it's still happening even though it's been about 12 hours almost.

I'm sorry I've never really experience this with my bunnies , but good luck with your bunnie ❤️🐇

Yes hes neutered. It's not just breathing fast. Its wheezing. Almost like his throat is closed off a bit or something. But it's still happening even though it's been about 12 hours almost.

Then he might have trouble breathing and trying to get air into his lungs. Can you film his behavior and help other to get a picture. But I would recommend taking him to a vet if you can’t go to a vet maybe you can have a video chat with one.

He may have something stuck in his throat, and that is causing the wheezing and abnormal behavior. He may be nipping you to tell you there is something wrong and that he needs help.

Latest posts

Back