Omg! Is this pee or diarrhea?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uhohxitsnami

Reaction score
Hi guys! In a panic. I just woke up to this in my rabbit’s pen. IMG_2006.jpg

Is this urine or diarrhea? Some background information is that she recently got over gi stasis/two weeks of antibiotics (yesterday was her first day without them) and also, we’ve been making a slow food switch to a healthier food the vet recommended to keep her digestive system healthy.

I’m so nervous??! Any help appreciated! Thank you!

Since you are already on medication and your vet knows your situation I'd send this photo to your vet and ask for advice asap, you better don't waste your time here! Send photo and call immediately.
Please let us know when you got a minute, hope you'll be alright

The urgent care in my area doesn’t open until 2 (it’s like an “after hours” service). I’ve changed out her blankets so I can see if there’s anything new from her until then and will keep an eye on her to see if it returns to normal. She seems like her active self and running around everywhere and digging, and also eating and drinking. It couldn’t be territory marking could it? She does that sometimes when I change out her pen items.

It could be the antibiotics affecting their poop. But also GI Stasis can take a while for the gut to completely recover, it could be more of the yucky stuff trying to get out. I agree with the suggestion to show this to your Vet and ask them how to proceed. Continue monitoring your bunny! Eating, drinking and being their usual active self is good signs. Please give us updates. Best wishes for you and your bunny!!

The urgent care in my area doesn’t open until 2 (it’s like an “after hours” service). I’ve changed out her blankets so I can see if there’s anything new from her until then and will keep an eye on her to see if it returns to normal. She seems like her active self and running around everywhere and digging, and also eating and drinking. It couldn’t be territory marking could it? She does that sometimes when I change out her pen items.
Doesn't look like territory marking at all, but it is good that she eats well and acts like normal, I also thought it might be from antibiotics but I am no expert there. Hopefully she'll be alright but of course you better contact your vet to see what they say.

It could be the antibiotics affecting their poop. But also GI Stasis can take a while for the gut to completely recover, it could be more of the yucky stuff trying to get out. I agree with the suggestion to show this to your Vet and ask them how to proceed. Continue monitoring your bunny! Eating, drinking and being their usual active self is good signs. Please give us updates. Best wishes for you and your bunny!!

I thought so too since it was such a dark brown, but if that’s the case, it looks like it’s gone back to normal. Still skeptical and will update later!

Well, told the vet and they told me to keep an eye on her. I think the fact that she still had a lot of energy and that she was eating and pooping was a great sign. Her pellets are normal, she pees a regular color (if that was pee, I guess I’m still not sure?) and she’s still spunky. So for now, I think we are okay! Thanks for your tips and concerns!

Well, told the vet and they told me to keep an eye on her. I think the fact that she still had a lot of energy and that she was eating and pooping was a great sign. Her pellets are normal, she pees a regular color (if that was pee, I guess I’m still not sure?) and she’s still spunky. So for now, I think we are okay! Thanks for your tips and concerns!
I’m happy to hear your bunny is doing well! I hope they continue to get better. Thank you for the update as well, it’s great news! :)

Latest posts

Back