OMG!!! I think it might be neuter time!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nattyw

Reaction score
Well from tonites action I will be ringing the vet tomorrow morning and finding out how soon I can get my two boys in to be neutered... myboys were in for a romp around the lounge and after about two hours the action really started!!! Astro started licking Poppy, and climbing all over him and then he got around the rear end and started, well 'humping' him!!! ARGH!!! I told him off and moved him but he went for it again, also it looked like he was nipping him when he was climbing all over him - not just licking...

My boys are 2.5 months old, so is this early for this kind of behaviour!? I was hoping to wait another few weeks before having to get them neutered....:)

Its not really that early - some boys wait until later and some boys start earlier.

Glad you caught on to what was happening right away....

If you turn them over and can see two lumps near the bottom of their abdomen then they can be neutered because their testicles have descended. We waited until 5 months with ours but we saw his boy bits right around 3 months of age when we turned him over to cut his nails. They're pretty hard to miss :)

I have seen Poppys boy bits, I had him turned over the other day and was just giving him a check over... and yes!!! They were quite obvious! He is a bit bigger than Astro, but Astro's must be showing as he was the one getting amorous... I tried to check him the other day but he wasn't really co-operating, I will have another go... I will ring around today and get prices and see how long we have to wait!!!

Latest posts

Back