Oma rapiti, oma rapiti...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One day I will get round to it!

So here's a picture I took of McFattyrolls this morning. It was still dark, Nermal come up well on my phone even in normal light. But I will get one at some point!

mcfattyrolls.jpg

Haha, he´s so handsome and doesn´t look as though he´s bothered. Just another day at the office lol.

I have been surprisingly consistent with this blog so far! I amaze myself. And Reuben.

I have some pictures. :)
Well, ok, only one rabbit one made the quality cut. But I thought I'd show this cool little thing off as well. It's being displayed where I study. Isn't it awesome? Making plans to smash the glass and grab it. ;) Shhh, don't tell anyone.

IMG_20130418_131444.jpg

IMG_20130415_192558.jpg

IMG_20130415_192602.jpg

Reuben and Nermal are slightly displeased. This morning they got chased by the halfies, and just now I've moved my old dog Cody's bedding inside my room. I've booked in his final appointment, but certain people find him annoying, so I've moved him in here for his last two weeks. Reuben and Nermal are NOT happy.

Ah well, they'll live! Hopefully I'll be able to sleep through the thumping...

13 years came to an end today. I am 20. I can't really remember life without him being there. I'm used to dead bodies. I've seen plenty of dead animals. But I've never seen him dead.
IMG_20130430_155817_zps2ab1881a.jpg

561192_315252705268355_1294728812_n.jpg

I am a mess.

Oh honey I'm so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what your going through. You'd probably have to put me in the crazy house when my old dog finally goes.
:in tears:Thinking about you

Dammit, I typed out a reply, then something weird happened and I lost it all. Oh well. I'm ok now, I guess you just have to move on. Too much going on to waste emotions on grief atm. It's my sisters wedding tomorrow, so that will be interesting.

Last night Reuben binky'd around a lot. From what I can see, he's spent most of today sitting like a flat rugby ball, snuggled with Nermal. In his defence, it is cold! Either that, or he's exhausted himself.

If Reuben is anything like my big bun, it takes A LOT of energy to get that big butt off the ground for a binky. It's almost like a slow motion thing. He'll do one, maybe two, then just explore the rest of the time with regular hopping around. My little buns zip around popcorning and binkying like crazy fools, and it doesn't seem to wear them out a bit.

Hmm well that was while I was in here, on my laptop. When I went out to the lounge, I saw them both tiptoe past the hall, into other bedrooms. When I came back to my room, they were both back exactly where they were before; same position, same place. There is a reason no one trusts them, but my darling innocents are innocent! They were just playing a game. No way they could ever have nefarious plans.

Right?

Nothing in the world touches that soft spot on my heart quite like Reuben and Nermal licking each other. nawww. Unfortunately they are a private couple, and I haven't managed a video, but I have collected several bunfia death threats.

So at some point during my sister's wedding plans I mentioned that Reuben wanted to be a ring bearer, and that he didn't think he should be left out. Since she is the one who feeds him behind my back(and sometimes blatantly in front of my back, too), he thought they had something special. Never mind that he'd bite her if he felt like it, he thinks everyone should adore him, even if he doesn't return the favour.
I got poo-hoo'd.

Mum's best friend is Reuben's old owner's mother, and she loves seeing him when she comes around, and hearing the stories, etc. The first thing she said to me(apart from Hullo, etc) after the wedding ceremony was asking why Reuben wasn't here. :biggrin: She had the exact same thought about him being a ring bearer. See, I'm not a crazy person! Sane people thought of it too!

I dunno about the droppings down the church aisle though. Hmmm.

Hullo peoples. I am insanely busy with all the assignments that are due soon that I haven't started, and tests, exams, and whatnot. Basically a tana umaga amount of work. So here are some pictures of me hitting the books like the diligent student I am.

They were having relationship issues, so I had to do marriage counselling. Didn't really work, since Reuben got jealous every time I patted her, but they're friends again now.

DSCF3988.jpg

DSCF3990.jpg

DSCF3992.jpg

DSCF3994.jpg

DSCF3985.jpg

(to clarify, Turbo, Dragon, Ira, and Levi are some of my rats)

So, been doing a few half nighters lately, and last night was an all nighter to try and finish off this last assignment, due today, before exams. I get Turbo and Dragon out, and put them on my bed so they can play and muck about. Turbo decides early morning he is going to climb off my bed, on top of the big boys cage. The big boys, Ira and Levi, hate the little boys guts.
At some point, not sure when, Turbo's tail got nipped. Tails normally bleed excessively. This is a particularly deep cut, and it bled a LOT. I noticed him no longer bouncing around, but flopped down. I pick him up. He's more red than champagne(his colour). I quickly become more red than white(my colour).

First, I figure out where the wound actually is. Wasn't actually that easy. Cornflour stops bleeding, but we're out, so I used custard powder; it's mostly cornflour! It still keeps bleeding, with chunks of caked up blood-custard powder all over the place. Trying to clean him up with a wet paper towel, get more blood running over me. He's still really lethargic, I start to panic about too much blood-loss. Offer him nommy food, which he attempts to eat, but flops over. I try chocolate chips, same result. I leave them on the chair, and go to get something else.

Meet mum, who nearly has hysterics at the blood and cornflour mix smeared all over me(ok, hysterics is hyperbole. Smeared all over me is NOT.) Couple of hours with him, debating if he needs sub-cut fluids or not. He starts to pick up, eat soup, and sit up on his own. YAY! Never would have forgiven myself if he hadn't made it, because he has climbed up on the others cage before, and had his tail nipped. Should not have given him the opportunity to climb up there again. And he won't get it either.

At that point, I realize I am sitting on the chocolate chips. Still am. I look so dodgy. I *should* shower before going into tec, but....I haven't showed since last Monday. I'm really not all that bothered. Highly likely I won't actually.

Brings to mind the domestic psychopath who butchered her neighbours with an axe, boiled their blood to a solid, mixed it with flour, sugar, eggs, and chocolate, and made tea cakes. Very crunchy and sweet, apparently. I swear I'm not a psychopath, but the similarities just keep coming...
I realize this isn't very coherent, but I never am at the best of times. Add no sleep, and recovering panic attacks, and I don't even make sense to me. No wait, I never make sense to me. Rabbits are staying well away. Heeeeeelp.
Oh, and last night was apparently make yanna counsellor night. Three people I ended up listening to/advising on emotional/mental health issues. So yeah, didn't get too much work done, all in all.

At this point, I realize I still have a thousand words to do. Well bunny-hump that.

Last edited:
I just read through your blog. :) Eek I'm glad Turbo's okay. So tails are like ears with bleeding huh? Didn't know that lol.

Latest posts

Back