Olivia jumped out of my arms and is now rolling on the floor

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

audrinasmommy88

Reaction score
I had Olivia in the kitchen and was cleaning out her cage. I picked her up to love on her because she was scratching at legs while I was doing dishes. All of the sudden she jumped out of my arms and I tried to catch her but I didnt. She hit the floor and ran off. So, as an apology, i cut up a few pieces of apple and gave them to her. She ate them very fast. Now every couple of minutes she rolls on the floor. Is something wrong with her? Do i need to take her to the vet? This is so weird:?

What do you mean rolls on the floor?

If it was me and she didn't look normal I wouild take her to the Vet. Better to be safe than sorry.

Let us know how she is doing. Poor Baby.

Honestly they can move so fast, you think you have a good hold on them, then all of a sudden they are out of your hands.

Susan:pray:

It's not constant rolling. It kinda looks like when a dog is scratching their back. She will roll to one side then back to the other and then stand up and walk around, eat, and do it again. She has stopped doing it now and is acting normal

Maybe she pulled a muscle. If you got down to her level & slowly rubbed your hand over her you could find any spot that still hurt & gently massage it if she'll let you.

I just got home from the vet and they couldn't find anything wrong with her. They said it could have been a sign of "well being" since I had given her apples before she starred doing it. So, she's ok.

Rachel, you're such a good bunny mom to take her in! Seems like bunnies like to pull tricks on us and get us all worried, just to be fine. Mine have done that more than once. It's always great to know they're okay though :D

Q-tip does that too, and it's really scary the first time you see them do it!! Hers is more of a "this would be a bunny flop if I wanted to relax, but I'm excited so I'll just roll over a bit and it will be like flopping". And it always happens post-treat...glad Olivia didn't hold a grudge!

Q-tip Thats describes perfectly what she was doing today!! except, she never got comfortable on one side. She eventually gave up haha. Im glad she didnt hold a grudge either. Now, I know to only pick her up and hold her if I'm sitting on the floor. I learned that today, but rabbits arent really an animal you can do trial and error with haha.

g-ma Thats exactly the way I feel about it. And the really nice thing was, my vet is usually 58 dollars to bring her in and they only charged me 26. So half off!! YAY!

Glad to hear she's alright! I don't think I've ever seen a bun do that so it's definitely interesting to know about.

Glad to hear Olivia is OK. I would have done the same thing. Glad to hear you have an awesome Rabbit Vet, who could have charged you full price, but probably understand your worry and knew that you were more shaken up than Olivia.

K :)

Thanks Karen. She is a great vet. And she loves Olivia. She said Olivia is one of the nicest rabbits she sees there. She wants to steal her from me, but she would have to get through my 2 year old daughter first:p

LOL Good to know that she was only happy!! Sometimes bunnies jump.. my bunny jumped too, and he always landed safely. It's always good to check though, we never know..

audrinasmommy88 wrote:
I had Olivia in the kitchen and was cleaning out her cage. I picked her up to love on her because she was scratching at legs while I was doing dishes. All of the sudden she jumped out of my arms and I tried to catch her but I didnt. She hit the floor and ran off. So, as an apology, i cut up a few pieces of apple and gave them to her. She ate them very fast. Now every couple of minutes she rolls on the floor. Is something wrong with her? Do i need to take her to the vet? This is so weird:?
She was just doing the bunny roll in glee at having manipulated treats out of you! ;)

Im sure thats what it was. She tends to manipulate me all the time to get what she wants. Thats is why her nicknames are "Princess Olivia" "Miss Priss" and "Prissy Girl" ahaha

So glad Olivia is okay! :)

I remember the first time Gus did the dead bunny flop. I thought he'd had a seizure! Now when he flops, he also rolls partway onto his back like a dog, stretching his head back and even licking the carpet. Such a silly rabbit! :p

Rue

Olivia did her first full bunny flop over the weekend. She has always layed with her legs out to the side but her head would still be upright. Well Saturday she did the full flop and I saw her and literally screamed and started to cry and went running to get my husband. I was not going to check to see if she was dead, I was gonna make him do it. He came around the corner and saw her and said "why are you crying, there's nothing wrong with her?" I felt like an idiot when I looked and she was sitting up on her back legs for me to pick her up hahahaahahaha

Latest posts

Back