Oldest bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oldest I personally had was a French lop doe, she lived until she was 14 and 11 months. Currently I don't have any real old ones because it's showing and breeding stock, so I can't get sentimentally attached to them, so I don't tend to keep many of the show tans past their first birthday. I'd say my oldest I still own is a Netherland dwarf stud Buck whose 5

The oldest bunny I have owned only got to be 8 years old. He could of gotten older if I had noticed he had trouble with the stomach.

But the oldest I have now is a 6,5 year old clumsy and silly french lop. She sleep most of the day but still playful when she’s up and moving. I hope I will have more years with her.

Lahi passed away last week. I’ve been celebrating his birthday as the anniversary of his adoption, which was Jan 6, but realistically he was already at least 3-4 months when I got him. So he was 13.

I’m quite upset because he was actually really healthy, every vet commented on how they couldn’t believe how old he was. Joints a little creaky, eyes a little cloudy, missing a couple teeth, nose a little grey, minor heart murmur... and that was it!

What got him was developing a highly aggressive malignant cancer. I’m still waiting on autopsy results for a definitive diagnosis but two sets of histopathology results and multiple experts all agreed that the tumour cells most resemble a hepatoid carcinoma—previously only ever seen in dogs. Specifically, common in unneutered dogs, appearing on their perineum. And it was on my neutered rabbit’s *toe*, until it spread up his leg to his knee and then got into his lungs and further.

I find it really fascinating in small animals, the difference between how long they usually live and how long they could potentially live. Delilah is 8 this year and she’s got slightly cloudy eyes and a heart murmur and that’s literally it, she’s as energetic and rambunctious as she was when she was 4. Rabbits die of so many things, very few of them actually from old age.

I have 2 10 year old Holland lops. Blu is a Male and as spunky as he was as a baby, Oreo is my female and more like an old lady with her arthritic hips but she's also happy and healthy! They both sleep more now and boy do they snore! Haha

Latest posts

Back