Older & Younger

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
I have a rabbit 10 not neutered and a female 20 months who is neutered. I want to put them together in a hutch. He is always trying to mate her when I try them in garden pen together. They don’t fight but is it a safe idea to try house together! Are Male rabbits always wanting to mate despite his age he’s a randy monkey I got him 18 months ago as rescue. He’s lionhead. I don’t like them to be alone when we have a large hutch with upstairs and downstairs.

Please get your male neutered. It would be very stressful for your female if he keeps mounting her :(

I know there's a high risk in getting rabbits fixed at an old age, but hopefully if the vet can get his cbc and blood chem and see if the results are normal, he would be able to survive the surgery.

My oldest got fixed at 5yo and our vet said she was having false pregnancy then :( I know another bun who had to undergo emergency spay because her bunny was developing cancer at the age of 7! :(

But please do consult with your vet about this. s/he might not be comfortable in neutering a senior rabbit. If so, best to not force them.

Maybe there are some members here who has had their senior bun fixed.

Latest posts

Back