Ol' Hugh and Holly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SunnyCait

Reaction score
Things have been progressing slowly with Holly and Hugh, though right as they should be. Holly is still giving us grief over being unspayed (she now loves to pee right in front of Hugh's condo) but we know it won't be for that much longer. I'm hoping next month or December to be able to spay her... Maybe I'll request it as my Christmas gift. :p

Besides just being generally naughty she's become rather skittish... Something we thought we were over and done with. Not sure if it's just hormones or what exactly is going through her head, but we don't pressure her with any sort of contact and she seems to like it that way. I know she's still happy because she binkies constantly and enjoys her toys immensely, so I'm not overly worried.

Hugh is still plodding along and being his self. The other day he learned he could jump up onto the couch from the floor and so that is his new favorite activity once he's done digging around in his diggy box and decides he needs pets now (and RIGHT now, not later when we're not doing something like sleeping or watching a movie or working on stupid human paperwork).

Anyway onto the fun part! Pictures woo!

First, the Holly show!

Laying amongst her toys

IMG_6923.jpg

IMG_6935-1.jpg

IMG_6936-1.jpg

Watching out of the door with Karly

IMG_6940.jpg

Version of the dig box number one... The box the shredded paper came in.

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

This is her "Ezcus me?" face... The person she was named after (er one of them) does this exact face too. Attitude.

IMG_7041.jpg

Scratchin'

IMG_7039.jpg

IMG_7031.jpg

She still has really good ear control. I don't think she'll ever completely lop.

IMG_7033.jpg

Mr. Hugh's turn.

Final product of the diggy box. Hugh's favorite.
IMG_7064.jpg

"Delightful."

IMG_7069.jpg

He's just so handsome.

IMG_7059.jpg

" PET MEEE."

IMG_7055.jpg

"Yessss."

IMG_6954.jpg

"These toys.... Not exciting..."

IMG_7052.jpg

IMG_6992.jpg

The only way he plays with toys is by marking them.

IMG_6995.jpg

Alrighty that's all for now. :)

aww they are so cute. i love Hugs face and markings! i should totally make a digging box for my guy as he love to "dig" on the carpet and on the sofa.

That's what inspired the diggy box... Hugh loved to dig at our couch, and he has a blanket in his cage he moves around and digs at. The shredded paper was a slightly different concept but he took to it well. Holly just doesn't care, she will go in it and sniff around, chew on the sheet of tissue paper, and hop out again. So it depends on the bunny. That's just something I figured Hugh would enjoy. :)

Hugh is so adorable! How much does he weigh? He looks like a great big chunka bunny! All I want to do is pick him up and squeeze him. Loppies are the best. Holly is adorable too and I love her ears but HUUUUUGH!

Both are very cute. Our Lilli has helicopter ears too--they never lopped . We use a giant litter box full of shredded newspaper for our "dig" box. Coal will get in there and totally disappear--you'll see the paper move and maybe see her ears and then she pops up like a prairie dog.

Oooh I can't get over how handsome Hugh is! I have a question. Do you know what type of lop Holly is? She has such a different shaped face compared to Hugh.

I don't know much about rabbit breeds.

LOL Everyone is usually enamored with Hugh... He's just so calm and chill. People are amazed you can truly cuddle with him. He's my sweet old man.

Edit: I hate when the forum eats my posts. *sigh*

Anyway.

I have no idea what kind of bunny Holly is; I was told mini lop but as you can see, no she's not, haha. I was also told there was a possibility she was mixed with Netherland Dwarf but there's no way for that either, as her face would be mch differently shaped, though she is on the small side. I know French Lops have the same face shape but she's nowhere near that big. *shrugs* I think she's just some kind of mix who's ears happened to lop haha.

I need to get a giant covered litterbox for their diggy box... The other day I came home and the dog had done SOMETHING, and there was shredded paper EVERYWHERE... Floor, couch, her fur... So we need a better solution apparently.

On another note whatever was up Hol's butt has fixed itself as she's been acting normally again. I've been trying to get her to respond to her name using little bits of dried apple chips, and OH BOY, does she love those... Binkies all over the place for them!! She's such a happy girl even if she isnt the most personable rabbit ever. :)

Oh my i'm in love with your Bunnies:inlove::heartbeat::big kiss::hearts:inlove::heartbeat::big kiss:.

They are soooooooo cute. Hugh's markings are just so different.

More to add to bunny napping list.:shock:

Geez I better start looking for a Bigger place to live. So many bunnies on this list.:biggrin:

Susan:weee::clapping::pinkbouce::pinkelepht::party0002:

Well, Holly is a boy. I flipped her over to check her hind nails and I saw goolies. *sigh*

When will I learn to pick gender neutral names... LMAO! Oh well. Not changing the name, still going to call her a her. Once the neuter happens it won't matter anyway. I just hope it's not going to be impossible now to bond them together... :/

Thanks Susan! I have no idea of what either of their colors are called. Very cute anyway haha.

Haha, my first "boy" bunny Charlie soon was found out to be female. Figured with an "ie" it'd be acceptable as a boy or girl name. My next bunny was a "boy" named Chester who turned out to be a girl. Thankfully yours is a girl gone boy, making the neutering cheaper. Mine were always the expensive swap :p

I admit I kind of did a little fist bump at the thought of neutering costs vs. spaying... LMAO!

I had the same thing happen with my Mary Jane, who I'd had for a long time and it wasn't until I'd had him for about a year that I found out he was a HE and not the little girl I thought she was haha.

Hmmm well he certainly looks like a dainty girl bunny haha. Holly really is a good name too. Good luck bonding them :) Maybe with Hugh being so laid back it won't be a problem =/

I had 4 bunnies a while back and you probably remember them, Cait.. but the two boys were neutered and got along well since one of them was so chill. The other two were unspayed females and one of them was so chill and got along with the other unspayed female... Hopefully Hugh just enjoys the company regardless of gender!

Oh, that's too funny Cait! Holly looks so girly though! And yes I seem to recall going through this with your bunnies before :D Are his eyes blue? I guess they don't really look blue in the pictures but I've always imagined them being blue :dunno

I knowwwww! She looks so feminine... I'm just going to keep saying she. As long as I book her for a neuter and not a spay, we'll be fine. :p

Mm they're not really blue, they're more of a slate grey/green... Not sure what to call it.

IMG_7121.jpg

I always tell people that sex really doesn't matter with bunnies, especially if you're going to get them fixed. It's so whatever, all the evidence will be gone anyway, LOL! He, She, whatever you want it to be really.

Truth is just a minor detail.

LMAO, I like that one, Grace. "Truth is a minor detail".

Considering she was named after a Playboy bunny and a friend who is female, the fact she is really a he is quite the bit of situational irony... I told the woman she was named after that she was a he and she could NOT stop laughing. Then asked if I was going to call her Harold instead. :p Poor Hollys everywhere.

Latest posts

Back