Okay, I need to vent to pet lovers

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Must_Love_Pets

Reaction score
UG! Today I broke up with my very selfish Bf of 7 years. Worries about himself only and disrespects my 16 yr old son. So I am moving and have to lug all my furries with me. My sister was kind enough to offer me a room, thank god her and I both have and love our bunnies. I am so stressed on how this will all work out and how my pets will acclimate. So not only did I just lose Thor and got another flemmie, I now have to worry about all this going on. I guess when it rains it pours. I fell so overwhelmed and scared. I am 37 and really don't mind being single, I love my alone time. It's adjusting my life I have to get through.:(

The only advice I have is....hug a bunny and be glad that they can be easier to live with than a man (or some men)?

Hoping & praying things go better for you soon.

Oh, man. Julie, I'm sorry. :(

The best advice I can give is, rip it off like a bandaid. And it's best if he can go away for a couple of days so you can pack and get out without any chance of the "maybe we're making a mistake..." conversation.

Oh, and PM me if you ever need to chat :)

I'm thankful you are a good mom to care about your boy more and move on and start a new life. Thankfully you have a good sister too =) Atleast you have some good people in your life. Hopefully time will quickly heal your pain

Sorry to hear you are having a hard time. It's better to be single than in a bad partnership though. I'm glad your sister is a pet lover and you can take your bunny with you. Pets are often times more loyal than people. It's great that you are doing the right thing for your son. :hug2:

I'm sorry to hear that. praying things will get better for you. I agree with people here. Your bunnies will cure you and help you get through this. They're the best companion and be with you in the good time and bad time.

Lots of hugs from Kimiko's family.
:hug2:

I have always told my husband that the kids come first. If I had to chose it would be them. My grandson lives with us, my daughters last BF and him did not get along. So at 16 ( 3 years ago ) he got kicked out. Life is hard and unexpected at times, but everything has a positive ending if you wait and see what is around the corner. "B" had the positive influence of a grand papa that has taught him how to work, gain his self estemn and finish school except for 1 course that he is working on.It will be tough for awhile, but better for both of you not to be living with someone who doesn't have your best interests in mind. You are very lucky to have your sister, especially if she loves animals as much as you. The timing sucks but maybe that is what brought his selfishness to light. Bunnies are very good about adjusting. In the late 80's we moved from Kelowna to Cranbrook to buy a new business. We lived in 3 different houses there and then moved back to Salmon Arm 3 years later. Our bunny did just fine. As long as the people that they love are there they adjust just fine. I will PM you my phone number just in case you need someone ( just a little older lol ) to talk to.

Hang in there

Julie, he good thing is that you have a great sister and great pets to hang out with, you don't need a bf who doesn't make you happy. Some guys are waste of time, it's better to walk away from them and move on. You're doing the right thing, sometimes we don't get the good things if we're still attached to bad ones. Enjoy your new life!

Thank you everyone for all the possitive vibes. It really does help.

So instead of moving twice I might only have to move once. My sisters was a temp living situation until I found a place to live. Well my co workers fiance owns 3 homes. One of which is right down the street from my work. The guy who lives there now is a long time friend of his and has lived there for 15 years with his dog. I guess he is waaaay undercharged according to my co worker and never pays ontime but Tom lets it slide and has for 15 years. I said well dont split his rent I will give you my rent on top of what he pays and I will hand it staright to you so mine is always on time. My co worker and her fiance are going to talk tonight about me moving in.

First:Is this guy up to having a roommate? 2nd: Does his dog like other dogs, cats and rabbits? UG!!! The suspense is killing me. I guess this guy really takes advantage of Tom and my co worker has had enough. She says this needs to happen. Well it is Toms house and he has say in who occupies the home.

One downfall, I might need to either give Bertha back to Barbi or find her a new home. If I knew this was happening I obviously would not have taken Bertha. Poor Bertha:(There is no room for her at this house and I have a feeling I am going to find that along the way if i need to keep continuing to search. I have already been denied 3 times becasue I have a BIG rabbit.

KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!!!

:pray::pray:

I would be afraid of moving in with someone who doesnt pay rent on time exc..... espeically if they are a slob exc. Just think about it before you jump. I'd much rather live with the sis temporary and find somewhere I'll be happy.

Well since I know the Landlord and the guy living there now has been late for 16 years, I told him it was a concern. He said it is not an issue with him. I said well I will be handing my rent right to you on time every month. The man living there now is clean. He plans on talking to the guy by Monday so I am left hanging all weekend UG!

NOW, this morning I went onto CL and found a post that was posted for only 1 minute. A 1 bedroom Apt in a Victorian home with patio for a price I can afford. I immidiatly sent an email and the man called me right away. This place sounds perfect and the man and I hit it off really good on the phone. I am meeting him at lunch time. I am totally excited and can't wai to see the rest of this beautiful Victorian , which by the way I love Victorians. I am a an Antiques kinda girl I love OLD! WISH ME luck, he has another person coming right after me. I need to really WOW this guy!

I would suggest pulling together a little research for the guy on rabbits since they are frequently misunderstood by landlords. Perhaps an article about how rabbits can be trained. Make a little resume for each pet- they are house trained, how you prevent accidents or damage, flemmy's laid back personalitiesetc. It can show a prospective land lord how well you care for your animals that you are committed to keeping them. If you have any references from your current situation or previous, ortheir vet, that could vouch for their good behavior that might help too.

-Idea stolen from the house rabbit society. There's a great article on their website if you search the term "landlord".

Good luck! :pray:

Must_Love_Pets wrote:
Well since I know the Landlord and the guy living there now has been late for 16 years, I told him it was a concern. He said it is not an issue with him. I said well I will be handing my rent right to you on time every month. The man living there now is clean. He plans on talking to the guy by Monday so I am left hanging all weekend UG!

NOW, this morning I went onto CL and found a post that was posted for only 1 minute. A 1 bedroom Apt in a Victorian home with patio for a price I can afford. I immidiatly sent an email and the man called me right away. This place sounds perfect and the man and I hit it off really good on the phone. I am meeting him at lunch time. I am totally excited and can't wai to see the rest of this beautiful Victorian , which by the way I love Victorians. I am a an Antiques kinda girl I love OLD! WISH ME luck, he has another person coming right after me. I need to really WOW this guy!

Firstly... HOW DID IT GO?!?!

And I'm just really iffy on roommates. Some guy I hadn't met I rented a room... the least creepiest thing was he was a crossdresser and stole my clothes. Least creepiest!

Latest posts

Back