Okay, color gurus, what color would you call this?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that's a good plan! I have heard of opal developing similarly to this before. Blues too, actually. So I suppose if someone really feels like sitting on it, it's none of my business. But in my opinion, it makes so much more sense to just breed for correct coats! You will never regret culling a complication, but there is often a point where you regret waiting out the odd ones.

Like five generations from now when the trait is solidified into the line and a rabbit ends up with KILLER type and a horrible coat. Yep. That'd be a blast. LOL!

LOL! I'd just shoot myself and get it over with! LOL Fortunately I have only seen 1 French Lop, ever, DQ'd for color. And that was Paul. LOL Ashley had a GORGEOUS junior doe. None of us knew what to call it (we were talking before Paul came over). Anyway, he looked at them...inspected it, took it for other opinions, and came back and asked her what color it was. She said, "Mystery!". LOL This was back when he was saying that Frostie was actually a broken. He said, "That one is definitely DQ'd, unrecognized color." Then he looked at Frostie, grinned at me, and said, "We'll let that one go as a solid, but..." and gave me his "it looks broken" spiel. lol

I was told that most of the opals start out funky, then molt out. And I was also told that the diluted colors tend to mature slower than their darker counter parts. Not sure if that's true or not, but I do know that Boo hit the "uglies" long after her siblings did.

Black highlights means it's a black chin. This doe, because she's actually opal, is blue based. Even without the tan markings, she'll have lighter bands (because of the blue) with the silvering. My Max does is a black chin, and very dark. Boo is a blue chin, and has a darker blue then white tips...so no dark bands.

He was just an opal...no funky colors or anything. I'll see if I can find a picture. When my internet was down for a week I transferred all my pictures from my HD onto CDs (over 30 of them. lol).

I can't remember, honestly...and his sister NEVER had a litter. I could never get her bred. :-( She's the one that broke her back a month ago. She was the friendliest, most laid back bunny ever. :(

Latest posts

Back