OK Rabbit Savvy Vets Y

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnydude

Reaction score
http://rabbit.org/care/vets_michigan.htmlThislink isfor an old, but excellent list (courtesy of Petbunny mailing list subscribers). Please post any known updates in this thread.

http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/Vet_OK.html

With the permission of the Petbunny moderator, we have reposted those Petbunny Listings here:
  1. [font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"][font="Verdana,Arial,Sans-Serif,MS Sans Serif"][size="-1"]
  2. David R. Kinkaid, DVM
    Kinkaid Veterinary Hospital
    Lake Road
    Ponca City, OK 74604
    (580) 762-6314
    If no answer, call 762-4663
    If no answer, call 762-5011
    Recommended by: Rebecca
    Comments: EXCELLENT. He did not know a whole lot about buns before I came along, but...is one of those vets who tries to read all he can...not shy about consulting other vets when he doesn't know something...the most caring and committed vet I know- I HIGHLY recommend him.
    Submitted: 3/96
    Need directions?
  3. Dr. Jean Graff
    1001 W. Memorial Road
    Oklahoma City
    (405) 751-9228
    Recommended by: Laurel Sweet
    Comments: ...a great vet (she spayed all three of my girls) and when I've had a question that she didn't know the answer to, she's found the answer for me and called me back.
    Submitted: 3/97
    Need directions?
  4. Tina Neel, DVM
    2700 N. McArthur
    Oklahoma City, OK 73127
    (405) 947-8387
    Recommended by: Krista L. Coryell
    Submitted: 11/00
    Need directions?
  5. Dr. Paul Welch
    Forest Trails Animal Hospital
    6528 East 101 St.
    Tulsa, OK 74133
    (918) 299-8448
    Recommended by: Debra Saxton
    Comments: I interviewed this vet up one side and down another before letting him touch Rufus. He sees 3-5 rabbits/week and has been seeing rabbits for 20 years. His knowledge seems very good and he handled Rufus expertly.
    Submitted: 11/00
    Need directions?
  6. Dr. Rawlings
    Jacox Animal Clinic
    2732 E. 15th St.
    Tulsa, OK 74104
    (918) 712-2750
    Recommended by: Shely Davis
    Comments: Dr. Rawlings is a very compassionate caring veterinarian I have used for many years. The clinic is also a low cost clinic, currently charging $45.00 spay/$40.00 neuter. She is not a rabbit savvy vet, yet, but is willing to learn and consult. She has spayed/neutered 9 rabbits for me, treated one with a dislocated hip w/hairline fracture, ear mites, and more. I would highly recommend her, especially for routine checkups, problems, and spay/neuters.
    Submitted: 3/01
    Need directions?
  7. Dr. Ken Oliver
    Amber Oaks Veterinary
    9209 E Reno Ave
    Midwest City, OK 73130
    (405) 737-4915
    Recommended by: Shadow Foster
    Comments: He treats all of the rabbit associated with the Oklahoma City Rabbit Rescue group and the County Extension office lists him as the area expert on companion rabbits.
    Submitted: 1/03
    Need directions?
  8. Dr. Apryl Garcia
    Westwood Pet Clinic Plus
    3770 West Robinson
    Norman, OK 73072
    (405) 321-1145
    Recommended by: Wendy Nelson
    Comments by Wendy: I volunteer with her and she is my rabbit's vet. I have also referred several friends as well as the local rabbit rescue, and all have been pleased. She is very knowledgeable and compassionate. She also enjoys educating her clients. She is the only vet in her practice who sees exotics, and she has a particular interest in exotics. She is extremely gentle and really puts the animals at ease. I hold her in the highest regard medically and personally.
    Submitted: 8/04
    Need directions?
  9. Tamara Smith, DVM
    Pet Friends Veterinary Hospital
    4522 N.W. 16th
    Oklahoma City, OK 73107
    (405) 949-1000
    Recommended by: Jeannie Patterson
    Comments: Dr. Tamara Smith has a great deal of experience with rabbit maladies... she is also a super person. We operate a rabbit rescue in central Oklahoma and have relied on her expertise many times as we have arrived with an emergency at her door. We highly respect her and most enthusiastically recommend her as a knowledgeable rabbit vet. Another plus is her likeable staff. For those that live north of the Okla. City metro and central Okla. City will find Dr. Smith convenient to get to.
    Submitted: 6/05
    Need directions?[/size][/font][/size][/font]
And, the followinglist is from the Association of Exotic Mammal Veterinarians: (Please be sure that vets on this listtreat rabbits and not just birds or reptiles).

Again, please post any additions, commentsor updates in this thread.

Thanks!

Oklahoma

Armando Burgos, DVM/Intern
Oklahoma State University
3602 N. Washington, Apt. C-34
Stillwater, OK 74075
Email: [email protected]

Chiyo Do N
101 North University Place
Apt. 12
Stillwater, OK 74075-3915
Phone: 405-332-0469

Mark Setser, DVM
19419 E. 106 Street N.
Claramore, OK 74017
Phone: 918-481-0440

I must add that Dr. Paul Welch is EXCELLENT withrabbits and my rats. I have been going to Dr. Welch with turtles, ratsand now my rabbit since I was 9 years old and I am now 31 and I havenever had a negative thing to say about him. Highly highly recommendhim.

Latest posts

Back