Offspring of BEW Doe - Guaranteed VC/VM?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadette

Reaction score
Since BEWs are VV, that would mean 100% of their offspring would be vienna carriers or marked, correct? And breeders should be making a note of this when they sell the kits?

It would be frustrating for me to buy a rabbit from a breeder, get the pedigree and see that one of the parents was a BEW. I feel like that information should have been disclosed beforehand. Is it not common practice to note VC if it is known?

Yes. It should be common practice to make a note that the rabbit is Vc or comes from BEW/vienna lines if selling it.

YES, any rabbit with a BEW parent does indeed carry the Vienna gene. While this is not required, it should be noted on the pedigree. I always make a practice of asking if the bunny is a known Vienna carrier before purchasing just in case.

I guess we didn’t need to worry about it. We only bred BEW to BEW when we had Polish, so it was obvious...plus we had that as the offspring’s variety.

Latest posts

Back