Officials are calling this a tragically, unavoidable accident.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my gosh. My heart breaks for you and your family.. what a devastating tragedy. My love and thoughts are with you and your family.

I am so sorry for this all happening. Don't beat yourself up for not being there on Easter Sunday. You had to do what you had to do.

Believe me I would have felt the same way. My niece and nephew calls me their favorite Auntie cause I am the only sister their mom has. If anything would happen to them I would want to die too. I can not imagine loosing either one of them now that their mom has passed away in Nov.

I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am terribly sorry. Such a young age full with life.:(

I'm so sorry that this happened. I'm not really sure what to say, this is a tragedy beyond words. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

i'm so sorry. it's terrible when children die. we'll be keeping you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.

:pray::hug1just remember she's in Heaven, that's the only thought that would keep me going at a terrible time like this.

*Hugs* Anna

It's extremely hard when a child is healthy and the next moment is no longer with us on earth.

Almost 6 years ago (in June), my 8 year old cousin was lost in a very similar way. He was on his bicycle had come to a stop sign and proceeded to enter the intersection, just an intersection before his home. Out of the middle of no where came a vehicle speeding in the park zone and my cousin had time to get up beside the curb but was still hit. He too, didn't have a helmet on which would of saved his life. Luckily, some of his organs were able to be donated to help others.

My heart reaches out to you and your family. I'll openly say, you will have many hardships in front of you and will for the remainder of your life. When a child leaves us as a healthy child (or sick for that matter), everyday you wonder what that child would be like today.

My deepest condolences to you,your family and the driver of the Verizon truck.

~ Amanda ~

:tears2:When I read thisthread, that is immediately what I thought of, DA. It doesn't seem like 6 years since Aaron was killed. I have a feeling he was waiting there to help Trinity when she arrived in Heaven.... That's the kind of kid he was.

Dwarf_Angel04 wrote:
It's extremely hard when a child is healthy and the next moment is no longer with us on earth.

Almost 6 years ago (in June), my 8 year old cousin was lost in a very similar way. He was on his bicycle had come to a stop sign and proceeded to enter the intersection, just an intersection before his home. Out of the middle of no where came a vehicle speeding in the park zone and my cousin had time to get up beside the curb but was still hit. He too, didn't have a helmet on which would of saved his life. Luckily, some of his organs were able to be donated to help others.

My heart reaches out to you and your family. I'll openly say, you will have many hardships in front of you and will for the remainder of your life. When a child leaves us as a healthy child (or sick for that matter), everyday you wonder what that child would be like today.

My deepest condolences to you,your family and the driver of the Verizon truck.

~ Amanda ~

I am so sorry to hear of your cousin. I already unsterstand what your saying about wondering who the child would be today. I have been thinking about that alot the past few days. It's still hard for me to believe she's gone. I keep expecting it to be her everytime my phone rings or someone knocks at the door. She was truely a little angel, and touched many many lives.

It's kindof an odd situation but her father is my husbands first cousin and her mother is my best friend since childhood. We consider each other sisters, but we are not related. It all started in highschool. She introduced me to her boyfriends cousin...I am her auntie and have been since the day she was born. I do not have any biological brothers or sisters.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Becknutt. There are no words to help with your sadness, but you are in our thoughts.

As far as her being your niece, a longtime friend of mine had2 children. I went through the pregnancy with them, were there from day one, and I know I was every bit their aunt as their biological ones. Love is love; it's not that strange.

*hugs*

I don't think the pain will ever really go away, but now we are on a mission. We need to raise $6000 for Trinitys funeral. We're getting a yard sale going and another aunt is trying to set up a carwash. The hospital in Lompoc has been taking donations. This still feels like a bad dream to me, like I'll wake up and none of it will be true. Anyway, between moving, and this I haven't had much time for anything else and today is my birthday so my family and I are taking today off from life. We'll be back tomorrow.

Happy Birthday...

I never know what to say when something like this happens, so just know there are many people thinking of you and praying for you and your family.

Well it only gets worse. Did I break a mirror or something? Yesterday..my bday...my uncle Jim also passed away. I suppose now he is there to look over Trinity.

Oh dear! you are surely getting my prayers! It is so sad when these things happen but they do seem to happen in groups. When DA's cousin was killed, another little boy we knew died also and he was his friend. At that same time I had 2 friends die. It's so hard. And I know how hard it is to lose someone on or around your birthday. My great-grandma's funeral was on my birthday one year when I was a kid. Sure makes for some bad memories....

I'm so sorry your uncle passed away - was he old/sick?

I hope your days become brighter soon. :hug:

I am not sure what to say - I scrolled down and read about the accident first then scrolled up and found out she was your neice - I am so sorry, best wishes to you and the rest of her family.
:pray::pray::pray:

Bo - No he wasn't. He did drink heavily for the majority of his life so I wouldn't be surprised if his liver gave out or something but he has been healthy. Other than having a hip replaced last year. He was in his 50's. Not old. He fell down the stairs and broke his hip. His step son, came downstairs at 6:30am yesterday and he was sitting on the couch watching tv, smoking a cigarette. 2 hours later he was in that same spot and lifeless. (Without the cigarette, thank goodness. No fire) Jim was a genuinely good person, and he was used alot for his good heart. He was always so caring.

You know, they say that someone having broken their hip in their elderly years will die within 9 mos usually. Maybe his body was just too used up from his drinking and it was all too much for it to take.

If he had a good heart and did the good things in life for others..... he had a filled life so that's some consolation to the sadness of his loss.

Oh, God, I don't know what to say. My sincere condolences to you and Trinity's parents. A child's death is so tragic, it's the worst that can happen to a parent... I'm so sorry!

Marietta

Latest posts

Back