OFF TOPIC- UK

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carrots

Reaction score
The bombings that happened were really scary,these people are so sick. On my local radio station 96.6TFM a guycalled Gary said that the attack on New York was seen as a big attackwhereas UK one was small and not many people in the US were worriedabout further attacks, is this true?

I feel so affraid to walk around the streets but i think the quicker we get back on our feet the better.

One more question for you all: All the programmes and coverage of thebombing is informative but do we really need atleast 2-4hours a nightof whats happened? Yes its helpful to know whats going on but at thesame time i think the people who arranged this are loving the coverage.Fine the news can be filled with it but do we really need a 1/2 hourprogramme like Trever McDonald (UK current affairs programme) onafterwards?

I think obviously in numbers the attacks in NYC,Washington and PA were considerably larger then what happened in theUK. That doesn't make them any less scary. I,personally, don't tend to worry about future attacks no matterwhat. I feel that if I sit worrying about it, then I've letthose people win, and I refuse to do that. I lost a dearloved one on 9/11 and I feel I owe it to him to not let that happen.

As for the news coverage, yes, I believe we do need it. Wecan't afford to forget what's happened. We can't forget thosepeople. I do believe that it could be contained to newschannels and only on after little ones are in bed. Thereisa song called "Have You Forgotten" and a verse says

"They took all the footage off of my TV,

said it's to disturbing for you and me.

It'll just breed anger,

That's what the experts say.

If it were up to me,

I'd show it everyday."

I happen to believe that's correct. Sorry, I have a reallystrong feeling about this because I lost someone I knew and loved.

Jen

I just saw that they have evacuated another part of London (I think,I'm not positive, I only heard as I was passing through).It's all very scary. I really feel for everyone effected.

I know it's hard but you must'nt let it get toyou'we are all scared' and it does bother me going into shoppingcentres' but i put it to the back of my mind 'you have to'Cirr iunderstand your feelings on the constant coverage of these attacks'if ihad a loved one that maybe or just maybe have been in or around thatarea that was attacked i would want coverage 24/7 just in case i mightsee them.:hug:Also i'm very sorry you lost somebody on 9/11 Cirr 'itmust be very difficult coming to terms with your loss.

Onnie: Thanks. It was my exboyfriend's father. He was in the Pentagon. Myfeelings about the whole thing are still really strong, but, I've cometo terms with it. It was tragic and senseless and horriblefor everyone. My best friend lived 2 blocks from the TradeCenter and lost everything because the windows in her building wereblown out. She's just happy to be alive. It was avery scary time, it still is, I just refuse to let those people scareme, because if I do, then they win.

Jen

Speaking for myself, life since 9/11/01 has notbeen the same. I live right on the banks of the Hudson River, about 110miles north of New York City . The morning of 9/11 at 8:30AM I heardwhat seemed to be a large plane flying very low and slow. We hear lotsof small planes all the time, but this made me stop and listen, becauseit was so loud. I remember thinking that it may have been in trouble.
That was the plane that took off from Boston that morning. Thehijackers were flying it, and since they didn't know how to fly byinstruments, at Albany they decreased their altitude in order to get aclear view of the Hudson River. They then followed it south, knowing itwould lead them to NYC, to crash it into the north tower - the firstplane to strike.
For months, whenever I heard a plane going over I broke into a coldsweat. I still get a bit antsy to this day. When I drive in NYC I halfexpect something to blow up!
I think we in America are confident that there will be more attackshere. It's just a matter of time, as the enemy is a cowardly, ruthlesslot that preys upon the everyday folk that are just going about theireveryday lives.
Just because there were fewer killed in the London attacks then here on9/11, does not make it any less horrid. These terrorists are demonic,hiding behind a sham 'religious' cause, tying to change our way oflife. It's normal to be scared, and you in England and we in the USAhave every reason to be. But changing our way of life will only givethem a sence of 'victory' and will not stop them from attackinginnocent people again. The best thing to do is what we here in thestates have been doing the past 4 years - go about your life but keepyour eyes open for anything out of the ordinary or suspicious andreport it to the police - even if it seems silly. A few near disastershave been stopped here by people stepping up to protect themselves andothers. We can't count on the military or police to see everything. Weare responsible for our own safety.
May everyone touched by these horrific acts of violence inLondon be blessed with peace of heart. May England and the USA be madestronger in our union to stand up against, search, and destroy the evilthat is behind these despicable attacks on the innocent.
:England::USA:

The attacks are horrible for both weather it wasNY or London....Please dont forget there has been other terroristattacks on other parts of the country....and lets not forget ourservice men and women fighting to keep our countries safe weather itsUSA or London!!! :pray:God bless all our Countries!!!

Latest posts

Back