Off balanced

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexnv

Reaction score
So my bunny who previously had E. Cuniculi was “off balanced” tipping and hopping in a non direct pattern for MONTHS. He was seen by a vet for this issue once a month for 4 months and given antibiotics on the 4th visit. The antibiotic was a 30 day treatment.
I visited again after I saw improvement but not back to his old self.

The vet recommended an ear culture and antibiotics or a CT scan depending upon his progress.

The suspects are ear infection, Pasteurella, or a brain problem.
What should I do? We also believe he had a stroke due to his tongue movement and his blindness in one eye.

He still hops in a non direct motion but does not tip over.

Was your rabbit previously treated with Panacur when it was thought to be e. cuniculi, and is your rabbit currently on the Panacur now? Was an e. cuniculi blood test done ? Why does your vet now think it's an ear infection? How long has your rabbit been on the antibiotic so far, what antibiotic is it,, and is your rabbit also on meloxicam (NSAID)? Did the vet find any signs of pus in the ear canal, or signs of inner ear infection on xrays?

Was your rabbit previously treated with Panacur when it was thought to be e. cuniculi, and is your rabbit currently on the Panacur now? Was an e. cuniculi blood test done ? Why does your vet now think it's an ear infection? How long has your rabbit been on the antibiotic so far, what antibiotic is it,, and is your rabbit also on meloxicam (NSAID)? Did the vet find any signs of pus in the ear canal, or signs of inner ear infection on xrays?
Yes but it was only a 14 day 2x a day treatment when I know the recommended dose is 28 days. A urinalysis was done and was negative.
At the last vet appointment she said he had dry “debris” in his ear and some inclination.
He was put on 30 days of fetonenzonal and melixicam.
No imagoes we’re done.
Yes but it was only a 14 day 2x a day treatment when I know the recommended dose is 28 days. A urinalysis was done and was negative.
At the last vet appointment she said he had dry “debris” in his ear and some inclination.
He was put on 30 days of enrofloxicam and melixicam.
No imagoes we’re done.
He did stop tipping but is still not able to hop with intent. I also notice he is making noise… he never made noise before.

Latest posts

Back