Odin, Warrior Cat

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deliciosa

Reaction score
On June 15th, the toughest cat I've ever known went to the Rainbow Bridge.
He lived most of his life as a stray, spent some time in a women's shelter, and eventually ended up with us.
He literally walked into our lives two years ago when my boyfriend walked into the kitchen to find a strange cat licking margarine off the counter. We couldn't shut him out in the rain so he stayed. He had a milky, bulging eye which turned out to be totally blind as another animal's claw had been lodged inside and untreated for some time. My boyfriend and I scraped together the money to have his eye removed and Odin healed up so nicely. Not to mention he finally lived up to his name!
Odin wasn't a cat who belonged to anybody, he came and went as he pleased, often spending his nights prowling the neighbourhood and his days sleeping in one of his many claimed areas. He spent over 11 years outdoors and we knew he would die by another animal, we just didn't expect it to happen so soon.
He was killed by a coyote, and I'll never stop wishing I had been there to stop it or to react to his cries in time. How could this other animal possibly know it had killed my friend, a veteran? I feel so hopeless thinking about it, but it's getting easier as time goes on.

tumblr_mofrmhYjUa1qali8ko1_1280.jpg

Rest in Peace, Odin :rainbow:

I'm so sorry! You have my heartfelt prayers. I know how they can come into your life & steal your heart. Odin was a lovely boy.

I am so sorry for your loss. neighbors I used to have had a cat that they would let run loose. I came to love that very special and sweet cat and like your poor Odin he was taken too soon by another animal, in this case someone's dog.

May Odin rest in peace!

Latest posts

Back