Odd skin on rabbits head

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NZminilops

Reaction score
I didn't notice it yesterday, but there is a funny patch of skin on BunBun face that is missing a little bit of furr. I thought maybe it was from when my other (meaner!) rabbit tried to bite him through the wire yesterday but now I am not sure. He isn't itching it, or rubbing at it, and it isn't red or inflammed looking. It has two different colours of skin in the location, black and whitish scalier looking skin. I can only see it if I blow the furr out of the way. Any idea of what it could be? The rest of that area of his face has the same kind of skin but only this little spot is missing a bit of furr.

That looks like pulled fur to me.

When my foster mom gets a bit rough with her babies, she pulls fur, and that's what it looks like.

Did you see any fur flying around during the meeting between the two buns?

I would keep a close eye on it, and you should see some new fur start to grow soon.

You can put some polysporin cream, the regular no pain kind killer kind, and it should heal up soon.

I'm pretty sure it's just pulled fur, but I would still keep an eye out for other causes.

--Dawn

I didn't notice any furr flying, I was at the bottom of the lawn (a hill) and BunBun was next to my feet one second and the next he was up by Dodges hutch and she was going nuts trying to box him through the wire and he was just sitting there with his head pressed up against the cage. Poor fella was probably waiting to get licked! I'll have to put a blanket around her hutch next time I take BunBun out for some exercise.

Latest posts

Back