Odd Shedding!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivythelionhead

Reaction score
Hi so I'm Erin and I have a 3 year old Mini Rex rabbit named Iris and I was wondering if it's weird that she only seems to be shedding on her back, she's spayed and she's healthy, still eating, drinking, pooping, peeing all normally, playing, binkying and mostly ignoring me like she usually dose, she also has been sleeping on my bed again which she hasn't done in a while but other then that and her only shedding on her back she's good as could be. HELP!! If you have any insight that would be so helpful[emoji173]️[emoji195]

The Rexes we've had seem to do a lighter shed than the regular furred bunnies. Cosmo sheds from front to back and Peter used to start at his belly and finish with a Mohawk look down his back. Hutch had really long, shiny fur and seemed to be in a continuous shed--don't think there is any cause for concern.

It is normal for a rabbit to do that when the seasons change sometimes

Hi guys!! Thanks for the info, very informative. [emoji195][emoji173]️

My Mini Rexes get a lot of collective shed on their backs. I brush them with a soft, plastic brush, and that really helps during the rabbits' shedding season!

Latest posts

Back