Odd Bunny Behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sephira

Reaction score
My two rascals, Mika and Sasha, like to eat dog food!!!! As soon as I let them out of their cage, the first place theyhop to is Tyce's (my Shih-Tzu) food dish and pick out the green pieces! They love them so much that I have to pick up the dish so they won't eat too many! The food is Rachel Ray's Nutrish Brown Rice Mix--she should make bunny food next!!! Maybe I'll write her... LOL!

So anybody else's bun do some pretty funny or oddthings??

My Kirby likes to sit on the floor wherever his play pen fence has a "corner". He sits in those little nooks and will stay there for hours. If I change the shape of the play pen he will shift his sitting habits to the new "corner"... he really likes those little vertices... No idea why! There's plenty of space, but he just stays by the fence. Maybe he just feels safer in a little nook.

Floppy Puff Puff's favorite toy is one of my old beanies. She chewed a hole through it and loves nothing more than poking her head through the hole and running around with it on her back whilst doing 'super binkies'.

She's also completely infatuated with my dog's tail. Grooming and chinning it every chance she gets!

My dog, a 65lb pit bull, is completely indifferent to this. :D

I do not think it is odd really but Mousse loves to jump things. I have a gate up that is over 2 foot high and she loves to try and jump it. She has done it only once I remember but she always tries. She is also inlove with drywall.

Becca when she gets mad anything around her gets thrown :censored2:She is very moody xD

Baby Juliet wrote:
Really annoying behavior of being around my feet while I'm walking. One day I'm going to step on one or else trip and hurt myself.
I have stepped on Kirby's foot before :( Kirby does the same thing when I am holding what he believes to be any type of food meant for him. I stepped on the tippy of his front paw once. Scared me half to death. He seemed ok though, no damage. Then I did it another time. Same thing, he was ok. And today I nearly kicked him in the way of walking and I didn't know he was behind me when I turned. My boy is so impatient when he thinks I am about to give him a treat!

sephira wrote:
My two rascals, Mika and Sasha, like to eat dog food!!!! As soon as I let them out of their cage, the first place theyhop to is Tyce's (my Shih-Tzu) food dish and pick out the green pieces! They love them so much that I have to pick up the dish so they won't eat too many! The food is Rachel Ray's Nutrish Brown Rice Mix--she should make bunny food next!!! Maybe I'll write her... LOL!

So anybody else's bun do some pretty funny or oddthings??

My deceased little Angel, a Minirex, loved to get into the catfood! Silly girl, we had to move it elsewhere.

Some buns are just weird and want the cat or dog food as opposed to (or in addition to) their own, haha. Best thing is to move it/take it away from their reach as it is not good for them, of course.:) (I know you've done this, so this is for other members that aren't sure what to do.:D)

Baby Juliet wrote:
Really annoying behavior of being around my feet while I'm walking. One day I'm going to step on one or else trip and hurt myself.

Actually, that is a sign they love you!

Mine likes to carry socks also - Bo.

Our rabbit likes to go behind the couch and I don't want her chewing the lamp wire so I put some photo albums there. Then she jumped on them and was trying to get back there still. Then I put the rabbit litter bag on top of the photo albums. She attempted to jump up on top of the bag on top of the albums as well. Then when that failed, she jumped up on the couch and tried to figure out how to get down there from up on the couch. I am going to rearrange things so she can safely go behind the couch. I just don't want her to go around and end up behind the tv with the plugs. I got some rearranging to do. She is a good rabbit but I just don't want her hurt.

dont know how common this is but my rexes will lie out in the hot sun. they have shade and a nice cool shed but last summer we couldnt get them in! it's the same if it's pelting with rain - bunnies chilling out in the garden getting wet:rollseyes

I have long curtains in my room that reach the floor. Bun likes to hold onto them with his teeth and run around trash can. It's so cute! He also likes to jump onto my dresser (easily 3') and eat my candles. I have now moved them. :rollseyes

My Holland Lop (Nougat is his name) Has a favorite stuffed animal that he picks up in his mouth and runs around in circles while he is still holding it. His new thing is he "perches" on his large chewing log and will sit there for hours with his 2 front paws on it just watching us in the house! He gets cuter everyday I swear!

LOL! Some of these are sooooo funny!!! Well so far (its only been a week and half!). But Poppy LOVES to lick!!! Will lick your face, your feet, your hand where-ever is closest! I think its just lovely, he has 'kissed' me before aswell. :D
Astro, likes to get into places you have blocked off and is a big jumper.... like someone else here - going behind the couch where the lamp is, and I have blocked access, but he finds a way!!!

Scone likes to help me sort laundry. I usually sit on the floor and sort and fold the clothes. He inspects the t-shirts (and only t-shirts), and usually finds my folding wanting - he'll pull the top shirt out and carefully smooth it for me. He also likes rolling the rolled-up socks with his nose.

Toby used to like to "help" me sort socks from the laundry. I would have the socks in nice little piles, then Toby would come over and fling them everywhere! Here is a picture of his aftermath.
tobyfoldingsockswq8.jpg

Toby also has a little foot stool that he loves laying on. It is only about 6-8" off the floor, and it is only about 12x8" on the top. He lays up there and "surveys" his kingdom.

When he was free-run of the bedroom, he would jump up on the bed and jump onto my chest to wake me up. He would also stick his whiskers in my face and give me bunny kisses until I woke up!

Snowball has a wooden puzzle ball that she will push into her igloo. She then proceeds to throw it around inside the igloo. When she tires of this, she nudges the ball back out.

slavetoabunny wrote:
Snowball has a wooden puzzle ball that she will push into her igloo. She then proceeds to throw it around inside the igloo. When she tires of this, she nudges the ball back out.
Toby does that, except he REALLY likes to put all of his toys inside of things. Like, he will pick up and throw a toy and plop it in his food bowl. I've seen him put a handful of toys in one little food bowl!

Baby Juliet wrote:
Teddy always wants to do figure eights around my feet while I am walking! But if I come close to trippping over him, he binkies and runs away like it's funny. Little booger. :rollseyes

Latest posts

Back