Oats OK?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchbrothers

Reaction score
Can bunnies have oats? How much per bunny and rolled or whole oats?
They love their alfalfa pellets but I want to give them more of a variety of staple food.

I put one tablespoon of old-fashioned oats in my bonded pair's pellet bowl every night....they love to forage through the pellets to eat the oats ;).

We feed cookie steel cut oats every evening. We sprinkle it in his hay and he goes foraging for it, he loves them! All I have to do is shake the tin they are in and no matter where he is in the house he comes running! Lol silly bunny :)

Q-tip has learned the word "oatmeal". All I have to do is go "Tippy, OATMEAL!" and she comes running. I give her steel cut oats as a treat, although I've gotten rolled oats before. I just get whatever's in bulk at Natural Grocers, although I've found she prefers the shape of the steel cut.

All our bunnies have a constant supply of home brand rolled oats along with their pellets and hay. They LOVE them!

T

I started giving oats to Acacia in her pellets because she's 5 now and I don't want to see a sudden drop in weight at any point now. I know she's technically not "senior" yet but she loves them :)

Latest posts

Back