oatmeal

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes, they can have very small bits ofit. Some people use it daily (about 1 tsp full) and some useit less often. It's great for loose or soft stools..... andhas actually helped some of the bunnies (like mine) with their harderdry stools....

They can have it cooked if you want, but they love the dry, rolled oats right out the canister :)

brineattinoats.jpg

Thats all im gunna say...

Bo B Bunny wrote:
yes, they can have very small bits of it. Somepeople use it daily (about 1 tsp full) and some use it lessoften. It's great for loose or soft stools..... and hasactually helped some of the bunnies (like mine) with their harder drystools....

They can have it cooked if you want, but they love the dry, rolled oats right out the canister :)

Can I use quaker oatmeal( plain that is) in that situation for my bun?

At my store, if we ever see soft stools in a bun,we immediately give them tons of Timothy hay and rolled oats.It usually clears them up, especially when it is cause by stress.

My buns get it once a week and they love it!

Jen

Plus it lowers cholesterol! :p

Bo gets a "pinch" he eats out of my hand at least 2 times each week, if not more.

He can hear the "oatsie" cabinet LOL!

We're giving Max Morrisons own brand oatsRebecca, only problem is if you're not near Kirkstall in Leeds you haveto go into the minging Morrisons in the city centre!Bleugh! Mind you, I'm sure other stores will have the samething. Max is slowly putting back on her weight.We're giving her a tbsp a day, only problem is, the kits eat herleftovers! :? Wee fatties!

Ang xx

RebeccaUK wrote:
Iintend to try my babies on it, although I'm not sure if the exact samething is available in the UK
I think it probably is. It's just rolled oats. You cook it in water and make oatmeal.

rolledoats.jpg

I am of the understanding that oats puts on hardflesh, as opposed to fatty tissue, and is sometimes used by showers tocondition their buns prior to shows. I feed it daily in a smallamount(tsp), but I usehulless oats obtained from a feed store@ $10.50 for 50 lbs.

I break down the 50 lb bag into individual 10 lb see-thru plastic bagsand freeze them all, opening an individual bag when and asneeded. Usingit in that manner, my six rabbits willgo through 50 lbs in about one year's time.

Hulless oats are oats without the hull, but not processed as in oatmeal for human consumption. Whole oats still have the hull on them,providing more fiber. Crimped oats have the hulls"cracked,"for whatever reason(s) I know not, but still provide theadditional fiber.

I would use the whole or crimped oats for the additional fiber but forone doe, Maizie, who persists in eating the kernels and spitting outthe the hulls, making a clean up job necessary. Hulless keepsthings tidy.

Buck

What about a museli base mix of oats, barley andwheat? I make up my own museli you see coz I don't likeraisins, so I buy the base mix and add mixed nuts. Would thatbe okay to give to the buns?

Ang xx

Latest posts

Back