o/t I am SO upset!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitluvr04

Reaction score
Yesterday a little neighbor girl came over andwent into my room, she decided she wanted to hold the mice, she putTHREE FEMALES in with TWO MALES ! I called her mother and told her theywill have around 30 new bundles of joy to take care of, hold, feed, andfind new homes. I am SOOO Mad there is not even words for it!. Whatshould I do.

Well if i was you, i would haveyelledat the little girl. I don't have much patients. but is the motherwilling to take all the babies, i think she should too.

Well, I don't know that I would have given a young child the freedom to put my animals in potentially dangerous situations.

I don't know how strictly you were supervising her, but kids will be kids. Expect them to do things that adults wouldn't.

That said, I would not hold the mother responsible for thisunless the mother was there. Otherwise, it was not on her watch,so what was she supposed to do about it? It's really not fair to expecther to hold any responsibility for this.

What you can do, is explain (politely) to both mom and childwhat the consequences of her actions were, and that you will now bedealing with all these babies.

Tell them you will need help with housing, cleaning, and finding homes, and you would appreciate their assistance :cool:

Was the girl invited? Or did she just randomlycome in and decide to play with them? I've had some trouble with theneighbor kids in the past too. :X

She is 10, old enough to know what is wrong, Hermother was there, But I wasnt home. I am SOOO MAD At her! iknow what to do!.

That was a bit harsh :

Im sorry hon its adifficult situation , the mother shouldhave been watching her no doubtand at 10 by geepersshe does know better , yes the mothershould be held responsible , Hon canI suggest a paddlelock on yourdoor for when you leave , Iknow it sounds harshbut its for the best.

Then mother should pay whatever money this costsyou....maybe she'll learn to better supervise herchild(ren)and the girl should help you with cleaning,etc....maybe she'll learn not to touch things that aren't hers.

The mother should have taught her daughter torespect other ppls property and not do things like that. And since shewas there, thats even worse IMO. I know I would not be happy if I foundout my daughter did that, and I would help the person out. My daughterwould also be doing something for the person as well, helping cleancages or something. If she got an allowance, it would go to food andcages. Sure kids will be kids, but when they do something like this,they need to be held accountable. And it is partly the parentsresponsibility. I know I would feel responsible if it were my child.

Virginia

OMG I would have screamed! I had aneighbor girl come over once and she just went to my hamster andtookher out of her cage! I wasn't even in the room!I only had one female so nothing bad happened, but I made sure shecouldn't get into it again. Oh, you (or her) will be overrunwith little babies! I hope that if she does have to take themshe actually take good care of them.

~Caitlin~

10?!?! Yes, she should have known better...myson is this age and he even asks here at home if he can get the bunniesout before doing so and I've never told him he had to here at home!!!WOW>...don't blame you for being furious..yes, the mother/kidshould BOTH be doing something to help....wow.... :X

That's awful! Since you were not thereand the girl was not only old enough to know better but her mom wasthere also, I would demand that they help you take care of thebabies. Including extra cages. I've never had mice,but I would think you'd want the girls in separated cages now that theyare expecting. Not to mention lots of help finding new homes!

Does your humane society take in small rodents? I'm notsuggesting taking the mice there, I'm suggesting taking the girl thereand showing her what happens to extra and unwanted pets. Shejust made potential homeless animals.

well i am going to have to keep them if I dontfind good homes. If I give them to the girls mother she will just givethem to a petshop, and I dont want them ending up as snake food!.

What did the girls Mother say?? Did she evenapologize?? I think it is unwise to keep 30-40 mice. You willdefinitely need help with them. What was the mother's excusefor allowing her child to nose around your room?? I am so sorry thishas happened to you. Not all mice at PetStores are fed to snakes.However, the snakes have to eat too, they are one of Gods Creatures anda living creature. I do hope this Mom makes her child do right by you.

Latest posts

Back