O/T Hopefully A Nightmare Coming To An End

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Back when I wasonly 11 years old this all started. A serial killer struck in Wichita(my town is like a suburb of Wichita) and killed at least 8 times,maybe many more, through the next 12 years. As a young woman living onmy own, when I’d return home late at night I was always so frightened.I’d check my apartment and the phone lines. My heart would pound out ofmy chest as I’d look through the closets and under thebeds.I've always slept with some lights on.

Then he went quiet, or so we thought,but he may have been killing elsewhere. Even during that quiet time hewas in the backs of people’s minds. I went through a divorce duringthat time and had small children. I was so afraid at night to be alone.I hated to return from anywhere late at night in the dark with thekids. I didn’t want them to be frightened, but I had to be aware of mysurroundings.

He suddenly resurfaced last year. Hehas been sending packages and letters to our news stations and leavingpackages in our parks and around town. The theory among the police wasthat he stayed in Wichita to kill. He recently left a package rightoutside our little town! There was also another package left two milesnorth of there. One ofhis prior victims is from our town and now they have reopened a coldcase murder from a few years ago that they are saying might have beenhim. They interviewed two girls from the High School, one of them isone of my daughter’s friends who was stuck in the snow and a man helpedher out of her car and took her to her house, then disappeared. No nameor anything. The package was found right where she got stuck in thesnow…. They say he has a thing for trains and we have a railway throughtown… Now I found out there are two more murders that have happenedwithin a few miles of here recently that they are investigating aspossible BTK murders.

It’s keeping me awake, I put newdeadbolt locks on all the doors,I've been on all thedifferent forums that are investigating it….This is so freaky. I hateit even more now with my husband working nights. Sometimes the kids andI are so scared. We watch each other go feed the dog at night, we checkon each other when we take out the trash or start the cars. I’m lockingthe doors during the day. Everyone checks their phone lines when theycome home because he’s always cut phone lines before he kills hisvictim….IT’S SCARY!!!I've been so upset and stressed out.

Now finally, today we have a veryoptimistic breakthrough. The FBI, America’s Most Wanted, and the localPolice have taken someone in for questioning. They have said they are90% sure they have the guy. They are scheduled to make an announcementtomorrow morning at 10:00. They are supposedly waiting on DNA results.From whatI've been able to find out behind the scenes, thisguy lived FOUR BLOCKS FROM MY MOM! And only six blocks from my sister.She actually got into an argument with him last summer over somecompliance issues (he is supposedly a compliance officer for the city)My Dad walked by his house every day for his morning walk. This iswhere I grew up! It creeps me out so bad. He is the president of hischurch, a member of the police department, a long time member of theneighborhood, a college graduate….What the hell has the world cometo?

When you have time go look at this. The story was on America’s Most Wanted-

AMERICA’S MOST WANTED-
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/brief.cfm?id=26563

Newspaper Link that has all kinds ofstuff aboutit-http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/special_packages/btk/

RaspberrySwirl

I heard about this tonight on the news. Thank goodness is all I can say!

On a bit O/T: Adam Walsh should never have died the way hedid. No child or parent should have to go through suchthings......

John Walsh has taken the worst tragedy I think any parent could face, and made something positive come of it....

I always remind people of Adam when AMW is mentioned, because some people don't even know who John is.

Oh, wooooowwww, Raspberry!!! ...:shock:... I haven't had a chance to follow the news lately,but when I signed on to the computer just now I saw some reference tothe BTK killer not knowing that this was a story even closer to homethan I knew.

Oh, man, to have to go through this kind of sustained fear ... I'm sosorry for you all but thankful God has kept you safe.

You're right ... Just what kind of world are we coming to? :(

Just went back and read through some of the linksand MSNBC's account of the events and I'm flabbergasted! Ihad no idea that this was going on. I can't imagine the fearthat you guys must have been going through, Raspberry, and to thinkthat one of your daughter's friends might have had contact with thisevil person! Oh, mercy! She's so lucky to be alive!

I just don't know what else to say ... this is so sobering.

How about the website crashing that had his picture posted on it, Raspberry?

I'm so glad you got that. You had it hours ago. You're like a Pit Bull.

Can't wait for tomorrow morning. They're certainly calling Out the Troops for the announcement, ey?

It's lookin Good, Honey! It's lookin Really Good. :)

Loved how John Walsh said it was his arrogance and his need forattention that got him caught. The other night, they were calling him agenius on Larry King Live. It was driving me crazy.

This makes me relive the days of Son of Sam.

-Carolyn

What has the world come to indeed. I am so sorryyou and everyone else had to live with that kind of dailyfear-Heartbreaking. I thank God for keeping you al safe and sound. Ipray they have the guy and all can finally breath a sigh of relief. Ido not yet have the cable connected so if at possible, please keep usupdated.

Tina

Oh my gosh! that is sooo scary! i got scared justreading it! i dont know how you could have stayed there! i would havebeen out right when it started to happen! just goes to show Adults arestronger than Teenagers! :p Glad that you and your family are okay! andi hope that is the guy that they have!

Some of our members have lost their homes; at least one, that we knowof, is dealing with the death of a soulmate; some don't know if they'lllive through the next two weeks; another is terrorized by a serialkiller - as is her family; some have brothers and husbands fighting inthe war or soon to return to it.

These people put themselves and their troubles aside for us and escapeto this forum. They spread sunlight, while they're living our Nightmare.

They truly are Angels among us.

-Carolyn

P.S. We're also 1,000+ members strong, so please, do be careful.

Carolyn wrote:
These people put themselves and their troubles aside for us and escapeto this forum. They spread sunlight, while their living our Nightmare.

They truly are Angels among us.

-Carolyn

Carolyn, funny you should mention this. I was thinking theexact same thing. So many people who come here havesuch serious life issues that's it's unbelievable. Yetthey come here and share the best of themselves with us and try tospread a little joy and light to others.

It's amazing, it's just amazing ... Know all that you are so much appreciated.

And on top of that (I'm sorry, I just have to sayit) they don't look for any kind of sympathy or anything.They keep their challenges to themselves for the most part and the onlyway that we usually found out about their circumstances is by"accident".

It really and truly is amazing.

BunnyMommy wrote:
And on top of that (I'm sorry, I just have to say it) they don'tlook for any kind of sympathy or anything.? They keep their challengesto themselves for the most part and the only way that we usually foundout about their circumstances is by "accident".?

It really and truly is amazing.?

Yes, BunnyMommy.

Exactly.

I call them Angels, Angel.

Love,
-Carolyn

I think i remember hearing about that years ago..I am a big fan of america's most wanted and unsolvedmystries. This made me tear up though. Sometimes even thoughthe stories arent real it dont seem real.I hope they really got the guy and everyone can try and relax now.

Cristy

He's SUCH a PUNK!

Show us his face, Raspberry. It's 90% sure, and one DNA test came back positive, they were just waiting for the second.

With all the broo-ha-ha they're getting ready for, you KNOW this is the Loser!

-Carolyn

I was on the forumsand google all day. I had his age, name, occupation, address, parentsaddress, and his photo before any of it has hit the news!:cool:This guy has had it! Carolyn was right, I was being abulldog today. I got that stuff before the Larry King show and CNN cameon tonight. After that all the web sites and stuff started crashing.Tomorrow after 10:00 all my info will be released to the whole world,but for tonight I'm just sitting here staring at it....thinking "what amonster"

Raspberry

yeah he is a monster.. i dont know how someonecould kill someone eles.. just at my school this one guy was like "ihave no problems killing other people" after that i have been keepingmy distance from him, and just kinda liek not looking at him.. imscared of him! so im glad this might be the guy!

Let me be clear,this is information that I havegathered from other sourcesthat say it is this man who has been taken in for questioning in theBTK strangler case-

This is supposed to be 90% certain, just waiting on DNA results to confirmation.
Dennis Rader, Park City complianceofficer, president of Christ Lutheran Church, 59 years old, married,lived in same place6200 block of Independence St.in Park City for 14 year or more, just down the block from unsolvedmurder of Marie Hedge in 1985, 1979 graduate of WSU with degree inadministration in justice.
dennisr.jpg

Raspberry,

I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. Be sure to let us know assoon as they know that they have the right guy. This would be such amiracle.

Hugs,

Megan

The first DNA test proved Positive.

This guy was a Pastor - president of the Christ Luthern Church

AND

He was a Compliance Officer.

It makes you wonder: Who can you trust?

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back